The Colorado School of Mines tour program is designed for private or semi-private tours with prospective high school students and their parents or high school counselors who seek a degree in Math, Science, or Engineering.
However, group visits of our campus may be available for high school/middle school students and teachers/counselors on a limited basis and are dependent on the following:
- Group visits must be requested three weeks in advance
- Group size must NOT exceed 30 students
- Group must be from a Middle School or High School
- There must be one teacher/counselor per 10 students
- The group must have a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math) focus*
- If group consists of Juniors and Seniors, they must be on track for Admissions to Mines
- Group visits are only available on Tuesdays and Thursdays: 10:00 AM (Tour) - 11:00 AM (Advisement)
- Groups must be able to arrive between 9am-1pm
- We can accommodate parking for one bus or two 15-passenger vans
The High School Group Visit with Admissions will consist of the following:
- One-hour walking tour of the Mines campus
- campus tours are dependent on available Ambassadors and self-guided packets will be used in lieu
- Advising session by an Admissions Counselor
The Middle School Group Visit with Admissions will just consist of an educational Campus Tour.
Once your Admissions visit is scheduled you may contact the following to arrange additional options:
- Geology Museum Tour: 303-273-3815
- National Earthquake Information Center - 303-273-8420
- Edgar Mine Tours (off-site): 303-567-2911
- NREL - National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- If your group would like to tour a department, please contact department administration for availability
*Mines offers a very specialized curriculum focused on earth, energy and the environment. We believe in the importance of exposing students to various areas of study, however, with limited resources in Admissions, we give preference to student groups that seek to expose students to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) fields of study.