Mines celebrates Climate Action Days, Earth Day
GOLDEN, Colo., April 15, 2008 – The Colorado School of Mines Sustainability Committee, the Student Council on Sustainability, Engineers for a Better World and Earthworks present a variety of activities for Climate Action Days, April 16-25.
- National Wildlife Federation “Chill Out” broadcast from 5-7 p.m. on April 16 in Coolbaugh Hall, Room 209
- Lecture Series from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. on April 22 including a 2 p.m. address by President M.W. “Bill” Scoggins in Berthoud Hall, Room 241
- Screening of the film “Everything’s Cool” followed by a discussion with five panelists beginning at 5 p.m. April 22 in Berthoud Hall, Room 241
- Earthworks Earth Day Festival featuring displays, live music and refreshments from 4-8:30 p.m. April 25 on Kafadar Commons
- “Soylent Green” at 7 p.m. April 25 in Berthoud Hall, Room 241
Founded in 1874, Colorado School of Mines was established to serve the needs of the local mining industry. Today, the School has an international reputation for excellence in both engineering education and the applied sciences with special expertise in the development and stewardship of the Earth's resources. For more information about Colorado School of Mines, visit www.mines.edu.
Karen Gilbert, Public Relations Specialist
303-273-3541 / Karen.Gilbert@is.mines.edu
Marsha Williams, Director of Integrated Marketing Communications
303-273-3326 / firstname.lastname@example.org