On December 12, 2013, the Colorado School of Mines Board adopted a new strategic plan that envisions Mines being recognized as premier, student centered, research university when it celebrates its 150th anniversary in 2024.
Strategic Plan Aspirations:
- Recognized in the top 10 among similarly-sized peer institutions (High-STEM)
- 4-year graduation rate of 60% and 6-year rate of 85% while still maintain Mines’ hallmark commitment to quality, rigor and excellence.
- Surpass $100 million in research expenditures
- Continue to be financially self-sustaining
- At least 95% of graduates report that they would have chosen Mines again if they could re-do their decision.