Safety and SecurityThe Colorado School of Mines Department of Public Safety is a full service, professional, community-oriented law enforcement agency, providing 24/7 service to the campus, including all residential areas.
Our mission is to provide an environment in which all people feel safe and secure, and to maintain a professional workforce that is responsive to the community and accountable for the most effective use of resources.
We provide services such as:
- Proactive patrol of the campus and its facilities
- Emergency response
- Investigation and reporting of crimes and incidents
- Motor vehicle traffic and parking enforcement
- Crime and security awareness programs
- Alcohol / drug abuse awareness / education
- Self defense classes
- Consultation for safety and security matters
- Vehicle unlocks and jumpstarts
- Community safe walks (escorts)
- Authorized after-hours building and office access
- Parking registration.
The police officers employed by the Department of Public Safety are fully trained and certified police officers in accordance with the Colorado Peace Officer Standards and Training Board and Colorado Revised Statutes.