Undergraduate Transfer Guidelines
An applicant to Colorado School of Mines is considered a Transfer Student if you have already graduated from high school or are an applicant interested in earning a second bachelor degree.
Admissions Criteria and Requirements
- Completion of trigonometry and enrolled in Calculus I or higher
- Enrolled in and/or completion of Chemistry with lab and/or Physics with lab
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 (out of 4.0)
- Completion of Calculus I, II and III
- Completion of Chemistry I and II (with labs)
- Completion of Physics I and II (with labs)
- GPA of 3.0 or higher (out of 4.0)
- Applicants who have a majority of the math and science core courses completed with a 3.0 GPA or higher are considered competitive candidates.
- Completed and submitted admission application
- Official college transcript(s) from ALL colleges attended
- $45 Transfer application fee (paid online by credit card). Please refer to the application status page access email that you received, which contains personalized access to your application status page. Please contact email@example.com if you would like us to resend your application status page access email or if you have any questions.
- Final, official high school transcript - required for application review if applying within 12 months of high school graduation. Otherwise, this document must be on file prior to enrollment. Second bachelor's degree applicants are exempt from this requirement.
- Any college transcripts that are hand-delivered to our office, even in a sealed envelope, are considered unofficial. Please have the college/university send your transcript(s) directly to our office in order for them to be considered official.
- Credits earned more than 10 years in advance of admission will not transfer.
Applications for transfer admission will be accepted one semester prior to the term for which you would like to be considered for admission.
- Fall admission: April 15
- Spring admission: October 15
- Financial Aid Priority Deadline: March 1
- Fall Semester Enrollment Confirmation Deadline: May 1
Follow this link to find advising guides for students who are taking courses through a community college that we have an articulation agreement with.
For information about our articulated community college transfer agreements and course equivalencies, please refer to the Registrar Office's Transfer Information page.