Career Day and Job Events
If your organization is looking for great engineering, technical, applied science, and/or economics and business talent then this is the place to come! Career Day is a signature biannual event that will connect you with current students, recent grads and alumni.
Pricing and Booth Information
Basic Career Fair package includes:
- A Virtual booth on the Brazen platform that can accommodate up to 8 representatives.
- Chat with students over text, audio, or video.
- Each representative can text chat with two students at once to maximize your time at the fair.
- Easy access to students’ documents, including their resume.
- The ability to set follow up actions with each candidate or forward candidates to your colleagues.
- Employers can share links to information about their organization in the virtual booth.
- The opportunity to participate in other Career Fair events (for example WIRED, SWE, Next Day Interviews, etc.)
Featured Career Fair sponsor package includes (limited number available):
- Your booth featured at the top of the booth list in the virtual fair lobby, giving your organization higher visibility to students and graduates.
- Highlighted in various Career Fair marketing before and during the event.
Featured Sponsor $750.00/day
Next Day Interview Booth $100.00
Virtual Information Session $100.00
Career Fair Schedule
9:00 – 10:00 am Early access to all graduating Seniors, MS, and PhD Students.
10:00 am – 3:00 pm Recruiting Event for full-time, part-time, summer internship, and co-op positions. Mines faculty and campus community members may also be available for networking.
3:00 pm Event Ends
Interviews and Information Sessions
HOW DO I SCHEDULE ON-CAMPUS INTERVIEWS AND/OR AN INFORMATION SESSION AROUND CAREER FAIR?
- Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), campus recruiting has converted to virtual options.
- Next-day interviews and information sessions can be scheduled through the Career Center. There is a $100 charge to use the Brazen platform for next day interviews.
- Interviews for the week of Career Fair, “Next Day” interviews: We are offering services through the Career Fair platform Brazen. If you are interested in this option, you will be asked if you would like to reserve a “booth” for interviewing on days following each fair date on the Career Fair registration. One Booth can operate 4 video interviews simultaneously.
- Employers will still be responsible for scheduling interview times with students between the hours of 9am-3pm (MST) and then students will enter into Brazen and wait in your line until you admit them for the interview. We think this will be a great option!
- Virtual options for Pre-Select Interviewing are offered for later in the semester.
- Organizations can request information sessions through the Events section in DiggerNet. All info sessions will be held virtually this fall. Requirements include: organizations will need to use their own platforms, provide a link for students to join, and provide a flyer/poster for advertising.
- You may request registration for Interviews and Information Sessions through DiggerNet or by contacting Debbie Behnfield at 303-273-3253 / firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Payment is due within 30 days after registration or two weeks prior to the event (whichever comes first), unless written arrangements have been made with the Career Center.
- Print invoice attached to the confirmation email and forward with a check to “Career Day”, Mines Career Center, 1200 16th Street #E180, Golden, CO 80401.
- You will receive an email when Mines receives your payment.
- Registrations without payment 2 weeks before Career Day will be considered incomplete and may be cancelled. An administrative fee may be assessed. For questions on invoices, contact L. Jane Cain, 303- 273-3233 or email@example.com. See cancellation policy below VII.
- The preferred payment method is credit card.
- Cancellations must be in writing. Companies are considered registered upon form completion (whether paid or not).
- Full refunds will be considered if cancelled by 30 days before the event.
- If cancelled less than 30 days before the event 50% refunds will be given.
- If the cancellation is less than 10 days prior to the event, the full registration fee is non-refundable.
- If the company is confirmed, but has not paid, they will be billed for the aforementioned charges incurred.
Those individuals participating in Career Center activities who have accessibility needs, concerns or requests are encouraged to contact Jane Cain at 303-273-3233 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
WIRED FOR WORK!
Meet one-on-one with Mines students during this professional development event, and use your expertise to offer resume critiques and booth approach in preparation for Career Days. You will have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with students showing your commitment to their success and helping them develop skills to be strong candidates.
Upcoming Date: February 1st, 2021
How to Register: Please contact Duygu Yalaz with any questions or to register at email@example.com
Every spring, SWE hosts a networking reception, an event held the night before Spring Career Day. It is an opportunity for members to talk with recruiters from companies in a relaxed setting.
Date: Monday, February 1, 2021
Registration links will be added at the beginning of the calendar year.
Companies must be involved in career fair activities to attend.
For questions, please contact Courtney Smoljan
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity
The Colorado School of Mines Career Center is committed to embracing the inclusion and diversity of our campus community, thereby creating equal opportunity for everyone. We feel that acknowledging, respecting, and promoting each student and graduate, with his or her distinctive combination of age, sex, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or military service, and socioeconomic background, brings a creative, innovative, and valued new workforce to our family of employers.
Attendance at Career Day is open to Colorado School of Mines students, graduates, alumni, faculty and staff only.
Recruiting at CSM is always a rewarding experience. Mines continues to turn out good intern and full time candidates and the services of the Career Center are always very much appreciated. Thanks! See you next year.
Career Center Staff does an amazing job. We always find quality candidates from Colorado School of Mines. We look forward to building relationships with Colorado School of Mines Employees and Students.
- Sierra Nevada Corporation
The service we have received and the hospitality have been top notch. The interns and full-time hires have been excellent.
- Hecla Mining Co.
We always have a huge interest from the students and we obtain a very large amount of highly qualified individuals with a desire to join CH2M. We consider CSM a critical school in our recruitment as the level of employee we get when hiring from that school is highly beneficial to us. Thank you!
Colorado School of Mines has consistently been a source of high quality engineering graduates, keen to continue their professional development in industry.
- Merrick & Company
We had a great experience at Colorado School of Mines. The coordination was easy and the career services team was responsive and provided detailed information. The students were outstanding. They came prepared to the event dressed professionally, resumes in hand, and were prepared to have conversations with our team.
- Sempra U.S. Gas & Power