- What is OrePrint?
- How do I use OrePrint?
- How much does OrePrint cost?
- How do I add funds to my OrePrint account?
- How do I use Web Print?
- How do I use Mobile Release?
- Where is OrePrint?
OrePrint is the new printing system that CCIT has implemented, which provides several key features:
- Web Printing: From the OrePrint web app, you can submit jobs to OrePrint & OrePrintColor for PDF & common Microsoft Office formats, without needing to map to the print servers — this works well for kiosks, ChromeBooks, and other personal machines.
- “Follow Me” Printing: With two print queues, OrePrint & OrePrintColor, you are able to print from anywhere to the cloud, and pick up your print outs at any OrePrint release station or OrePrint Mobile Release printer across campus.
- Print Account Management: Also from the OrePrint web app, you can manage your printing account, including:
- Check Your Balances — You can see the “OrePrint” balance as well as the Tech Fee balance that is granted every semester ($8 for each Spring and Fall semester)
- Redeem OrePrint cards to your OrePrint balance
- Transfer from your OrePrint balance to another user
- Adding funds online via credit card to your OrePrint balance (Spring 2019)
Log into OrePrint with your MultiPass and select Web Print:
- Map to \\\\cyclone\\OrePrint on your computer, FAQfinder has resources for mapping printers:
OrePrint’s prices as of August 21, 2017 are:
|Color single-sided||Monochrome single-sided||Color duplex||Monochrome duplex|
You can buy OrePrint print cards in either Arthur Lakes Library or CTLM Computer Commons (CT 156) in $1 and $5 increments. CTLM Computer Commons also sells $10 and $20 cards. Or beginning mid-April 2019 you can add funds to your OrePrint account with a credit card. Here are your two options:
Add funds via print card
Once you’ve purchased a print card, here’s how to add it to your account:
Add Funds Via Credit Card
To add funds to your OrePrint account from any browser using a credit card:
- Log in to the OrePrint web application (https://oreprint.mines.edu)
- Select “Add credit” from the left menu bar
- Use our CashNET storefront to add funds as desired in the usual way.
When complete, the process will send you back to the OrePrint site.
Here’s an overview of adding funds to OrePrint via credit card:
Mobile Release Instructions
Full Release Stations:
- Perez Lounge (monochrome only)
- Coolbaugh Vending Lounge
- Hill Hall
- And more…
Mobile Release Only
- Petroleum Undergraduate Computer Lab (MZ302)
- Chemical Engineering Computer Labs (AH430 “Coady” & AH262)
- CECS Printers through out Brown Building, including CECS Open Computer Lab (BBW270)
- Metallurgy Computer Lab (HH251)
Future locations of OrePrint: To be determined – if you have a suggestion, please fill out a Mines Help Center request at: http://helpdesk.mines.edu