Supported Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows only.
General Description: The CasaXPS web-site describes their software as “CasaXPS processing software offers powerful analysis techniques for both spectral and imaging data. The system originally designed for XPS and Auger data now offers features covering a wide range of analytical techniques including ToF SIMS, dynamic SIMS and many more.”
Availability: CasaXPS is NOT available in the public labs, but is available to download and install.
Scope of License: Campus-wide education site license. Student home use is included in the Mines license.
Method for Obtaining: If you need CasaXPS installed on a Mines-owned machine, then please submit a request to the Mines Help Center.
For personally owned machines,
- Go to the CasaXPS website (http://casaxps.com).
- Click the ‘Casa 2.3.19 Version Download’ link.
- Click the ‘Download the latest version 2.3.19 of CasaXPS’ and save the zip file to your PC.
- Go to the Mines software download site and retrieve the CasaXPS username and password. You will need these for the next step.
- Click the ‘Installation of CasaXPS and How to License a PC’ link.
- Follow those instructions to install the software on your PC and properly license it.
- If you have trouble following the vendor’s instructions, you can simply unzip the archive file and place the extracted folder anywhere on your computer (like the Desktop or C: drive) and run the CasaXPS.exe program from there.
- Remember to properly license the software by clicking ‘?’ button at the top right of the application windows and providing the username and password.
Training: At the CasaXPS website, click the link ‘CasaXPS Casa Software YouTubeChannel’.