Vendor: Minitab, Inc.
Supported Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows only.
General Description: Minitab, Inc says that “Minitab is the ideal statistical software to help you achieve your goals because it is:
- Easy to use – Minitab leverages your students’ existing software skills and has a highly intuitive interface designed to complement how they learn statistics
- Comprehensive – Minitab contains a complete set of sound, peer-reviewed methods; no need to buy, learn, or maintain separate add-ins or modules.
- Inexpensive and accessible – Offers many affordable ways for you and your students to use Minitab, from renting a single copy for a semester to providing unlimited use to your entire university community both on and off campus.
- Compatible with any curriculum – The organization of statistics and graphs in Minitab parallels the approach used in virtually all leading textbooks.
- Widely used in business and industry – Thousands of companies in more than 80 countries use Minitab to implement Six Sigma and other data-driven quality improvement programs.”
Availability: This product is installed in all CCIT-managed Windows labs.
Scope of License: Licensed for use only on Mines-owned machines located on campus. For use on personal computers Minitab offers their software to academic communities for free or at reduced prices through their E-Acadamy Program. Please contact them directly for more information.
Cost to Qualified Mines End-Users: CCIT does not charge for use of this license in supported labs and classrooms.
On-Line training: Quality Trainer by Minitab is avalable to the Mines community. Obtain the Subscription Key from the Mines Software Download site and then proceed to http://www.minitab.com/products/quality-trainer/use/enter-key.aspx to self-subscribe. If you want to organize your users into groups, it is advisable to setup your groups before you self-subscribe. Please request Group setup via the Mines Help Center.