Problem: Don't know your Trailhead login credentials.
Solution: When you are accepted to, or hired by, Mines you will be given information to create your MultiPass account at https://identity.mines.edu. Use your MultiPass credentials to log into Trailhead. If you have problems with this process, please submit a support request to Mines Help Center “Helpdesk” at https://helpdesk.mines.edu.
Problem: Forgot your Trailhead password.
- Solution 1: If you have previously set your challenge questions at https://identity.mines.edu, go there to reset your MultiPass credentials, which are used to log into Trailhead.
- Solution 2: Seek help in person at the Computer Commons front desk, CT156a. Please bring some form of government-issued identification.
- Solution 3: Submit a Mines Help Center “Helpdesk” support request at https://helpdesk.mines.edu for individualized assistance.
Problem: Can't view your 12-month Vacation/Sick Leave calendar properly on a Mac.
Solution: This calendar is generated as a PDF file, which can sometimes display improperly on a Mac. To get around this, (a) Download and install Adobe Reader (http://get.adobe.com/reader/); (b) Instead of clicking on the “Display the 12-Month Calendar” link, save it as a file (pdfCalendar.asp); (c) right-click on the saved file, select “Get Info”, click on the “Open with” selector and select “Adobe Reader”, select “Change All”. Now when you click on “Display the 12-Month Calendar”, it will always open with Adobe Reader in a new window. Note: More recent versions of OS X tend to work well.
These not-so-common problems typically need individual attention and investigation. For more help with these issues, visit the Computer Commons (CTLM 156a) during regular business hours. Or submit a support request through the Mines Help Center “Helpdesk” at https://helpdesk.mines.edu.
Problem: Blank SSB Pages. User can log into Trailhead, but when they click into Self-Service Banner, pages are blank.
- May be a web browser security, ad blocking, pop-up blocking or firewall problem.
- For Internet Explorer, add “trailhead.mines.edu” and “banner.mines.edu” to your Trusted Sites. (See our Modify Trusted Sites help page.)
- For Norton Internet Security or Symantec security products, see our NIS Fix information.
- If you are using multiple security software programs and are unsure of which of the programs is causing the problem, try temporarily disabling one program at a time and testing to see if access to Trailhead/SSB is allowed.
- Try a different web browser or computer.