The Office of Communications and Marketing at Colorado School of Mines seeks to support and promote the work of the university’s students, faculty and staff.
We place the highest priority on work that furthers the goals of the Mines@150 strategic plan:
- To be a top-of-mind and first-choice university
- Expand offerings and diversify delivery
- Grow the scale and impact of research
- Strengthen affinity for Mines
- Be more innovative and entrepreneurial
- Attract private investment
In general, the office focuses on projects that produce “revenue”—whether in the form of recruitment, particularly of graduate students; increased research funding; or the acquisition of alumni, development and corporate partners.
- New hydrogel bandages with sustained drug release show promise in diabetic wound care
- Tailings-to-glass facility wins Henderson Sustainability Challenge
- Geology students at Mines have access to leading modeling tool
- Mines students qualify for 2020 NASA Moon to Mars Ice & Prospecting Challenge
- From fidget spinners to complex machines, 3D printing is revolutionizing manufacturing
- Kevin Cash wins NSF CAREER Award for metabolic communication research