The Office of Communications and Marketing at Colorado School of Mines seeks to support and promote the work of the university’s students, faculty and staff.
We place the highest priority on work that furthers the goals of the Mines@150 strategic plan:
- To be a top-of-mind and first-choice university
- Expand offerings and diversify delivery
- Grow the scale and impact of research
- Strengthen affinity for Mines
- Be more innovative and entrepreneurial
- Attract private investment
In general, the office focuses on projects that produce “revenue”—whether in the form of recruitment, particularly of graduate students; increased research funding; or the acquisition of alumni, development and corporate partners.
- Professor Jenifer Shafer named ACS Fellow
- Mines, Lunar Outpost developing technology for autonomous lunar excavation and construction
- Director of Payne Institute for Public Policy named to U.S. Climate Security Roundtable
- Domaille wins Beckman Young Investigator award to develop new imaging tools to study inflammation
- Mines alumni use engineering background to restore historic house
- Six from Mines chosen for DARPA Risers