The Office of Communications and Marketing at Colorado School of Mines seeks to support and promote the work of the university’s students, faculty and staff.
We place the highest priority on work that furthers the goals of the Mines@150 strategic plan:
- To be a top-of-mind and first-choice university
- Expand offerings and diversify delivery
- Grow the scale and impact of research
- Strengthen affinity for Mines
- Be more innovative and entrepreneurial
- Attract private investment
In general, the office focuses on projects that produce “revenue”—whether in the form of recruitment, particularly of graduate students; increased research funding; or the acquisition of alumni, development and corporate partners.
- Mark Graham: "I came to Mines for the research opportunities."
- Colorado School of Mines, Confluence Companies celebrate grand opening of 1750 Jackson
- Satellite record gives unprecedented view of changing Antarctic ice melt pattern
- Mines PhD student wins Nuclear Nonproliferation International Safeguards Graduate Fellowship
- D.V. Griffiths honored as Distinguished Member of American Society of Civil Engineers
- Mines students design winning solar installation for commercial office complex in DOE Solar District Cup