The Office of Communications and Marketing at Colorado School of Mines seeks to support and promote the work of the university’s students, faculty and staff.
We place the highest priority on work that furthers the goals of the Mines@150 strategic plan:
- To be a top-of-mind and first-choice university
- Expand offerings and diversify delivery
- Grow the scale and impact of research
- Strengthen affinity for Mines
- Be more innovative and entrepreneurial
- Attract private investment
In general, the office focuses on projects that produce “revenue”—whether in the form of recruitment, particularly of graduate students; increased research funding; or the acquisition of alumni, development and corporate partners.
- Colorado School of Mines moving forward with plans for Subsurface Frontiers building
- Advances in materials science, computer science could help save coral reefs
- VIDEO: Veterans Resource Center a new home base for Mines student veterans
- Mines professor to join White House Council of Economic Advisers
- Mines students tackle real-world sustainability challenge with Freeport-McMoRan, Climax Molybdenum
- Frances Galgan: "I am confident that my education from Mines set me up to succeed in constructing creative, data-driven solutions…"