The framework for Higher Education Compliance Alliance and SCCE is based on global ethics and conduct. The following elements for the program include:
- Written standards of conduct and policies and procedures;
- Designation of a chief compliance officer and other appropriate bodies;
- Effective education and training;
- Audits and evaluation techniques to monitor compliance;
- Establishment of reporting processes and procedures for complaints;
- Appropriate disciplinary mechanisms; and
- Investigation and remediation of systematic problems.
Mines has many of these components in place and provides a Policy Library for one-stop searches of policies, procedures, and guidelines for the community. The office is continuously working to maintain compliance with laws, regulations, and contracts to achieve excellence in everything we do. This effort complements our mission to educate students and professionals in applied sciences, engineering, math, and associated fields, perform cutting-edge research and serve our community into the future.