Keeping Mines Informed: COVID-19 Communications
Mines officials will be regularly updating the campus and community on COVID-19 cases among faculty, staff and students who are studying and/or working on campus. This will take the form of public updates and targeted alerts.
- Mines is maintaining a COVID-19 dashboard that shares the total number of cases among our students, faculty and staff. This dashboard is now updated each weekday.
- The Mines Alert Team will also notify the campus of any COVID-caused operational changes through use of the Mines Alert system.
- Additional updates on COVID-related news, activities and trends will be shared in each Friday’s Mines Climbs Together email (these are posted on the Mines Climbs Together website under Most Recent Communications).
- Mines will not broadly communicate details about individual positive cases but is sending targeted communications to close contacts and potential close contacts with safety information, guidance and requirements.
- Mines’ COVID-19 Response Initiator Team (CRIT) reports all positive cases to Jefferson County Public Health officials, identifies and alerts potential close contacts of positive cases on campus, and directs targeted alerts. In keeping with federal privacy laws, communications will not identify the specific room/residence or student when sending targeted alerts.