Fall/Summer 2020 Registration
Registration begins March 30 for summer and fall. Visit the Registrar’s site for the latest details.
Two important changes for Fall/Summer 2020 registration
1. The Registration Action Form (also known as blue slips) is now available on Trailhead.
- Students will complete the online form and it will email it to the departmental approver.
- The departmental approver will do a few things to complete the transaction.
- One, if additional approval is needed i.e. instructor permission, the department will need to reach out to the instructor and obtain consent.
- Two, once consent is received, the departmental approver will need to enter the override into Banner.
- Three, follow the link in the email and select SUBMIT (approval forms may have more then one class listed, only approve your classes!) The approval in the workflow will notify the student so that they know that they have received permission and may then log in to Trailhead and register themselves.
2. Until further notice the Office of the Registrar will accept all forms electronically.
Requests should come from the student. The approver (faculty or department) will need to simply forward the email with the form attached along with the words, “I approve” in the body of the email and then send to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Forms with approval must be sent from a mines email account.) Forms can be found here: https://www.mines.edu/registrar/forms/
Resource: Contact the Registrar’s Office at email@example.com or 303-273-3200
Summer Semester/Field Session
Only remote delivery courses will be offered in the Summer I session (May 11-June 19)
- The majority of Summer I courses will operate in a manner similar to our current mode of remote delivery, using a combination of Zoom and Canvas to provide synchronous online instruction (you log in at a specific time).
- There are also more than 25 online courses that will be available asynchronously (you can log in at any time).
Field session courses
Each program is working on a plan to ensure that their graduating seniors can fulfill field session requirements and pursue their post-graduation plans, including job offers. Some programs are planning to offer parts of their field sessions remotely while others are considering delaying until the Summer II session (June 22-July 31). Please check with your programs concerning their plans
Facts about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
- UCHealth (2/27): What you should know about COVID-19 in Colorado