Capital Planning & Design – contact Chris Cocallas
Mines Innovation Hub
This new project provides space for innovation and entrepreneurial efforts on campus. It serves both independent efforts and ideas, as well as, academic work such as EPICS and Senior Design. It is located in the area behind the GRL.
Projects Under Construction:
- Campus Generators – contact Kathy Burris
Campus back-up generator system
- Green Center Roof Replacement – contact Kathy Burris
A new roof for the Green Center with other improvements to the 1st floor events spaces and 2nd floor
- Infrastructure Project – contact Kathy Burris
Increased steam and chiller capacity to serve residential precinct and southern portion of the main campus
- Operations Buildings – contact Kathy Burris
New buildings for Facilities Management, Environmental Health and Safety, Office of Design and Construction, and Parking Services. Locations are Moly Building (addition), and Mines Park
- Parking Garage I – contact Kathy Burris
This facility is the schools first parking structure with 650 parking spaces. It is located at the NW corner of Maple Street and West Campus Drive
- Classroom Building – contact Kathy Burris
Fronting the parking garage on Maple Street, this 20,000 GSF building will provide modern classroom space to the campus
- Spruce Hall – contact Kathy Burris
The new residence hall is designed for undergraduates. It is comprised of single, double and triple rooms with en-suite bathrooms. The building is located between Weaver Hall and the Starzer Welcome Center. It is 120,000 GSF with approximately 400 beds. It also includes common social and study areas, exercise facility, and a food/cafe component.
Projects Recently Completed:
- CoorsTek – contact Kathy Burris
CoorsTek Center for Applied Science and Engineering view from the corner of Illinois and 16th St.
- 16th Street Plaza – contact Kathy Burris
- Mines Heating Plant – contact Susan Miner
The Mines Heating Plant Project, the construction began in March 2016. The project consists of the complete renovation to provide stand alone heating and cooling capacity to the campus.
- Edgar Mine Improvements – contact Kathy Burris
The Edgar Mine located in Idaho Springs recieved a grant to improve the infrastructure, including the road and utilities as well as design of a new classroom building and Dry building