To request this information in alternative format, please contact us.
- Please note that the requested date for receiving accommodation requests is MAY 1st.
- The May 1st deadline is particularly important for housing accommodation requests, as all housing assignments for incoming students takes place in May/June. Please complete housing application as communicated by Residence Life. Housing timeline information
- All accommodation requests will be reviewed promptly upon receipt and communication will be done via Mines email address.
- Obtain Documentation From Provider(s):
In order for a student to be eligible for reasonable accommodations at the Colorado School of Mines, documentation must both establish a current disability and provide adequate information describing functional limitations in one or more major life activity.
Documentation must relate limited function to structure of courses, laboratories, field courses, testing methods, program requirements, policies, or housing options. Documentation must enable Disability Support Services to identify effective accommodations for a student to equitably access the campus environment.
Please select from these applicable documentation guidelines:
- Complete the Request for Reasonable Accommodations Form:
- Submit completed form and documentation to Disability Support Services at Mines:
Please fill out the form, save and email to DSS from your Mines email address. Or, print and mail/fax with documentation.
W. Lloyd Wright Student Wellness Center
Attn: Disability Support Services
1770 Elm Street
Golden, CO 80401
- Please allow up to two weeks for review of documentation:
DSS will communicate via Mines email account, and copy other email addresses, as appropriate. If, after two weeks, you’ve not heard from Disability Support Services or a request has changed, please reach out and contact us.