Ramadan Exam Support Request
The Mines Testing Center (MTC) is offering EXAM support to students observing Ramadan:
- Ramadan is expected to begin on April 13th and end on May 12th, and Eid al Fitr is expected to be celebrated on the 12th or 13th. Observation of the start and end dates may vary by one day depending on different locations and on different schools of thought within the Islamic tradition (When is Ramadan 2021). This will overlap with the last weeks of the Spring 2021 semester and final exams.
- Only exams regularly scheduled, including final examinations, for the afternoon (e.g., after 12:01 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.) during Ramadan and Eid al Fitr will be adjusted and administered by the Mines Testing Center (MTC) per student’s request.
- In the event that a student has two or more exams during a given day that are affected; the class with the lower enrolment must yield to a reschedule, likely moving the exam to the next evening or the evening prior.
- Students may request to take their exam at 9 p.m. on the same day as the regularly scheduled exam.
THe FORM BELOW IS TO BE COMPLETED BY FACULTY
Students should consult with faculty if alternative exam arrangements are needed. Once that is determined, the faculty can complete this form to schedule the students’ alternative exam time in their course. If a student encounters difficulty making arrangements with their faculty, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. While only a faculty member may submit the below form to formally schedule an alterative exam time, students are encouraged to request an alternative exam time via email to their faculty member.
PLEASE READ OVER ALL INFORMATION before SUBMITTING A REQUEST
A minimum of 7 days’ notice is needed to process requests. If a request is received with less than 7 days notice, please note that he faculty member and the Mines Testing Center are not obligated to provide the alternative time and the request is subject to availability and staffing.
- Exams scheduled to begin before 12:01 p.m. will not be administered by the Mines Testing Center (MTC).
- Only Golden campus time will be considered (Mountain Time). Other time zones, including the time zone wherein a student may be physically located, cannot be considered.
- This form is limited to 5 students. Contact email@example.com for larger groups.
- This form is not supported by phone or tablet.
- The Mines Testing Center (MTC) staff will contact the faculty member making the request within 48 business hours to confirm exam details.
- Online exams will be proctored via Zoom, and in-person exams will be proctored in the Mines Testing Center (MTC) located in the Green Center Room 240.
- Once the request is approved, the Mines Testing Center (MTC) will communicate exam details with the students, including instructions and a link to join the exam at the specified time.
For more detail information please refer to the Ramadan 2021 Exam Support (link).
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need to problem solve circumstances that are not captured in this form.
Once this form is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please resubmit.