Students Seeking Accommodations

How it works:

  1. Use the button below to Register with DSS & Request Accommodations. **
  2. If needed, complete the supplemental Housing & Dining Accommodation Application and/or the supplemental Assistance Animal Application below.
  3. Complete a disability intake meeting with a DSS staff member.

** If the only accommodation you are requesting is to bring an assistance animal to live with you on campus, you can skip DSS Registration, and only fill out the Assistance Animal Application.

Register with DSS & Request Accommodations

Complete the online application and upload your documentation here, using your Mines login credentials.

Tips and Suggestions:

  • Use a computer (not a smart phone)
  • Safari is the preferred internet browser
  • Cut/paste your answers from a separate document (application times out after 30 minutes)
  • Check your Mines email for confirmation after submission

Housing & Dining Accommodation Application

Please submit this application by May 1st. Requests may be submitted later, but early submission increases the likelihood that accommodations will be in place at the start of the semester.  Housing cannot guarantee the ability to make accommodations after May 1st.

All housing assignments for incoming students take place in May/June.

See:  Housing Timeline Information

Assistance Animal Application

Complete the online application and upload your documentation here to request to bring an assistance animal to live with you in campus housing.  If you are requesting any additional accommodations, please also Register with DSS.  If this is the only accommodation you are requesting, please only fill out this application.

See:  Animals on Campus Policy

See also:  Service Animals and Assistance Animals in Mines Housing

If you experience any difficulties with logging in or completing the application, please reach out to DSS at

Disability Support Services

Contact us

Disability Support Services (DSS)

1225 17th Street
Golden, CO 80401

Front Desk Phone:  303-384-2250