There is still much to be achieved, but initiatives with impact have already been undertaken by students and employees that contribute to an even more diverse and inclusive university. The Diversity, Inclusion, and Access Award is an acknowledgment bestowed upon an individual or group who actively promotes inclusive excellence and contributes to and enhances the campus climate through a sustained commitment to improve opportunities for the diverse communities we serve.
The Diversity, Inclusion, and Access Award recipient demonstrates an exceptional understanding of diversity and inclusiveness as represented by the following criteria.
- Enhances inclusion through positive Foster Dialogue communication between persons of different backgrounds
- Demonstrates outstanding efforts to promote an environment free from bias and discrimination
- Demonstrates sustained support for advancing diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion
- Supports efforts in Mines DI&A Strategic Plan
- Raises awareness of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion, and/or
- Serves as a catalyst for change in the areas of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion
To nominate someone, a group, or yourself for this award, please complete the following form.
Nominations must be received by April 1, 2020.
Award recipient(s) announced at Campus Conference – August 21, 2020