Annual DI&A Symposium
About the Event
Colorado School of Mines
Starzer Welcome Center, 110 & 112
1812 Illinois St, Golden CO 80401
What’s Needed in my Flash Talk?
- Pick one thing from your department or campus unit’s DI&A implementation plan (IP) that you’re really excited to share (i.e., maybe you want to locate more collaborators, maybe you want to share a best practice that others can adopt). You will have four minutes max (about 3-4 slides) to present, and facilitators will be strict about keeping presenters on time and moving across stage. Some examples: AAAS and ASEE CONECD commonly do flash talks; our format is similar.
- Identify a presenter (no more than two) from your committee.
- Choose your 4-minute time slot (you can choose multiple—your time will be announced by 10/8).
- Upload your ppt slides one day before the symposium, so we can have them all keyed up and ready to go one after another.
- Encourage your colleagues and students to attend.