Departmental Return to Campus Safety Plan
Please use the following form to complete a department level safety plan for returning your employees, including student workers to the campus. Once you submit this form, it will go to a review panel who will evaluate the completeness of your plan. The panel may reach out to you to refine your plan as necessary.
Some considerations to make your department’s workplace safer:
- Continue to work remotely as much as possible
- Consider alternative work schedules for your team – days, nights, and weekends to foster safe social distances
- For larger spaces have an In/Out board to track the folks present
- Think about how you can maximize social distancing among employees and customers
- Post notices at door entrances to knock before entering
- Ask for volunteers to periodically clean frequently touched items like refrigerator and microwave doors, copier buttons, and supply cabinet handles. Spray bottles of disinfectant and disposable gloves will be available for this purpose. Facilities Management custodial services cleans building common areas on a daily basis; your department may wish to clean your shared equipment in your office and lab areas.