EHS Main Office
1400 Maple Street, 1st floor
Golden, CO 80401
Office Hours: M-F, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
EHS staff at the Main Office:
- Barb O’Kane, Director
- Lee Ann Underwood, Assistant Director, Senior Safety Professional
- Haitao Dong, Radiation Safety Officer
- Kyle Filkins, EHS Specialist
- Lauren Poole, Sustainability
Chemical Storage & Distribution Facility (CSDF)
- Location: Coolbaugh Hall, Room 030
- Phone: 303-273-3555
- Contact Person: Elisabeth Citta
EHS staff at the CSDF:
- Tim Sweitzer, Associate Director of EHS
- Elisabeth Citta, Chem Store Coordinator
The Chemical Storage and Distribution Facility offers state-of-the-art storage for the wide variety of materials handled at Mines. Special prefabricated storage buildings have been placed outside the main Coolbaugh Hall building. Six separate compartments are used to store materials based upon compatibility. Explosion-proof units are available for sub-ambient storage of reactive and highly volatile materials. Each compartment provides several levels of containment and access is limited to authorized personnel. Students can access the chemical assistance window in the basement of Coolbaugh Hall.
Additionally, EHS provides safety glasses and a wide variety of waste containers, free of charge, to Mines staff.