Mines Faculty Senate
The Faculty Senate represents the Academic Faculty at the Colorado School of Mines and serves as the Faculty’s voice to:
- provide a forum for the Academic Faculty to express its concerns to the Administration and the Board of Trustees;
- encourage the involvement of the Academic Faculty in the overall operation of the school; and
- foster and maintain a stimulating atmosphere for teaching, scholarship and service.
The Faculty Senate is your voice to the administration. We are focused on transparency to promote cooperation and understanding among the various constituencies that comprise Mines. Faculty, staff, and students are encouraged to engage with the Faculty Senate by:
- attending Senate Meetings: see schedule below,
- attending Senate-sponsored events: click here for the Events page,
- joining the Mines’ Faculty Senate mailing list. Contact Mara Green at firstname.lastname@example.org be added!
- joining the Mines’ Faculty Senate Microsoft Teams page: click here to open Teams,
- communicating with the Faculty Senators: click here for the 2022-2023 Senators list,
- submitting issues to the suggestion box: click here to make a submission.
2022 – 2023 BUSINESS Meeting Schedule
Faculty Senate business meetings are held in-person in the Guggenheim Boardroom and virtually through Zoom webinar (click here for the Zoom room) on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month from 2:00-4:00 pm.
These sessions are open to faculty, staff, and students to attend. If you would like to provide feedback, concerns, or comments anonymously please submit through our Faculty Suggestion Box.
|FALL 2022 MEETING DATES||SPRING 2023 MEETING DATES|
August 23, 2022
|January 10, 2023|
|September 13, 2022||January 24, 2023|
|September 27, 2022||February 14, 2023|
|October 11, 2022||February 28, 2023|
|October 25, 2022||March 14, 2023|
|November 8, 2022||March 28, 2023|
|November 22, 2022||April 11, 2023|
|December 13, 2022||April 25, 2023|
|May 9, 2023|
Faculty Senate Informal working Meetings
Faculty Senate hosts informal working meetings in-person in the Green Center 224 (unless otherwise posted, please reference room numbers below) and virtually through Zoom (click here for Zoom room) on off-weeks for presentations, non-voting items, and discussions from 2:00-4:00 pm.
These sessions are open to faculty, staff, and students to attend.
|FALL 2022 INFORMAL WORKING DATES|
|August 30, 2022 – GC 200A|
|September 6, 2022 – GC 200F|
|September 20, 2022 – SH 104|
|October 4, 2022 – GC 224|
|October 18, 2022 – GC 224|
|November 1, 2022 – GC 224|
|November 15, 2022 – SH 104 (CANCELLED)|
|November 29, 2022 – GC 224 (CANCELLED)|
|December 6, 2022 – GC 224|
|December 20, 2022 – GC 224|