Mines Faculty Senate
The Faculty Senate represents the Academic Faculty at the Colorado School of Mines and serves as the Faculty’s voice to:
- provide a forum for the Academic Faculty to express its concerns to the Administration and the Board of Trustees;
- encourage the involvement of the Academic Faculty in the overall operation of the school; and
- foster and maintain a stimulating atmosphere for teaching, scholarship and service.
The Faculty Senate is your voice to the administration. We are focused on transparency to promote cooperation and understanding among the various constituencies that comprise Mines. Faculty, staff, and students are encouraged to engage with the Faculty Senate by:
- attending Senate Meetings: see schedule below,
- attending Senate-sponsored events: click here for the Events page,
- joining the Mines’ Faculty Senate mailing list: contact Brandon Dugan firstname.lastname@example.org!
- joining the Mines’ Faculty Senate Microsoft Teams page: click here to open Teams,
- watch information and business meetings on Faculty Senate’s Microsoft Stream channel (process began January 25, 2023): click here to begin watching,
- and communicating with the Faculty Senators: click here for the 2022-2023 Senators list.
2023 – 2024 BUSINESS Meeting Schedule
Faculty Senate business meetings are held in-person in the Guggenheim Boardroom on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month from 2:00-4:00 pm.
These sessions are open to faculty, staff, and students to attend.
|FALL 2023 MEETING DATES||SPRING 2024 MEETING DATES|
|August 22, 2023||January 9, 2024|
|September 12, 2023||January 23, 2024|
|September 26, 2023||February 13, 2024|
|October 10, 2023||February 27, 2024|
|October 24, 2023||March 12, 2024|
|November 14, 2023||March 26, 2024|
|November 28, 2023||April 9, 2024|
|December 12, 2023||April 23, 2024|
|May 14, 2024|