Events & Services
EdTalks: MINERALS WORTH TALKING ABOUT
Join our mining history expert and Collections Manager, Ed Raines, for a fascinating lecture series on the geology and mining history of Colorado. Watch past lectures on the Museum Facebook page or here: EdTalks Archive
The next EdTalks lecture series, will be scheduled shortly. Please check back soon!
We have a sampling of specimens available to browse online through LibGuides including pieces from Creede and Gilman, CO. Check them out here.
The museum offers three types of hands-on educational kits which are loaned to the public:
Rock & Mineral Kits
KIT RESERVATION GUIDELINES:
- Can be checked out for 3 weeks at a time
- Requires refundable $50 cash or check deposit at time of pickup
- Checks made out to “CSM Geology Museum”
- We do not accept credit cards for deposits
- Pickups and drop-offs only allowed during regular business hours
- Kits cannot be mailed
- Three ways to make a kit reservation:
1) in-person at the Museum
2) call 303-273-3815
3) email email@example.com with subject: “KIT”
Find something on a hike or rolled up in grandpa’s long underwear? We can help.
Student Aides are available to identify your unknown specimens during your next visit, free of charge.
We do not have the resources available to provide identification services for large collections or estates, loose gemstones, or advanced testing of rocks, minerals, or meteorites, however, we would be happy to refer you to industry professionals who can help. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can assist you.
***NOTE: we do not conduct appraisals of any kind.