- This event has passed.
WHOLE VALUE CHAIN CARBON CAPTURE, UTILIZATION, AND STORAGE
November 14, 2022 - November 18, 2022
This five day conference will bring together 40 graduate students and 30 scientists, engineers and CCUS experts from Norway, other countries in Europe, Asia, South America and USA. Travel and accommodation for approved student participants, after applications have been evaluated, are paid for by NFiP. Speakers are provided by the partner institutions and industry. Faculty and industry representatives interested in participating while covering their own expenses also need to fill in the application form in order to ensure sufficient logistic capacity at the event venue.
The Whole Value Chain approach covers all aspects of CCUS, including capture, transport, utilization and storage of CO2. Successful global CO2 storage in the amounts needed to mitigate global warming requires industry participation. To realize industrial CO2 storage, sustainable economy, with opportunity to generate revenues, is crucial. CO2 EOR provides such an economic opportunity and will simultaneously store the huge amounts of CO2 required. This will provide synergy between the need for increased energy production and the need for reduction in emission of anthropogenic CO2, by storage in sedimentary rocks.
1. Emphasize Technological Solutions to the Dual Challenge of Climate Change & Energy Needs
2. Provide a Whole Value Chain Approach Overview within CCUS
3. Demonstrate how CCUS may assist in reducing energy poverty while mitigating climate change
4. Accelerate CCUS collaboration between Norway, Europe, South America, Asia, and USA
5. Provide opportunity for experts in industry and academia to collectively discuss CCUS research
6. Provide PhD students with current CCUS research status and the way forward
7. Emphasize how CO2 may mitigate climate change utilizing CCUS in oil production
8. Provide oil industry opportunities to communicate needs to next generation energy engineers
Provided by: Petroleum Research School of Norway (NFiP), The Colorado-Norway Clean Energy Research and Educational Collaboration (ColNor), NorTex Petroleum Cluster, Rice University and Co-Hosted by Colorado School of Mines and Royal Norwegian Consulate General in San Francisco.
Sponsored by: Norwegian Research Council Research School Funding Program and NRC/Climit.