Graduate Community & Professional Development
A monthly get together for Graduate Students to interact away from the classroom.
Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) celebrates the exciting research conducted by PhD students around the world. Developed by The University of Queensland (UQ), the competition cultivates students’ academic, presentation, and research communication skills. Presenting in a 3MT competition increases their capacity to effectively explain their research in three minutes, in a language appropriate to a non-specialist audience. Competitors are allowed one PowerPoint slide, but no other resources or props.
- GRADS: Graduate Research And Discovery Symposium
- Grant Programs
- Graduate Experience Mentoring (GEM) Program and Academic Workshops
- A set of 100 business cards are available to every graduate student
- Working on your Thesis? Try GSG’s Thesis Formatting Help via the Writing Center.
- Job Search
- Biannual Career Days
- Proactive job search, resumes and resources
- On-campus interviews and info sessions