Letter of Completion
Graduate students may request a Letter of Completion to verify completion of degree requirements from the Office of Graduate Studies. Student must request it in person with a photo ID or send the request from your Mines email address.
Letters of Completion are sent to students checking out early. In most cases, requests for a letter of completion made 4 to 6 weeks prior to commencement may not be approved. Students checking out during this time frame who request a letters of completion will need to show extenuating circumstances and the requests be addressed on a case by case basis, subject to approval by the Office of Graduate Studies. In most cases, late requests will not be approved and students will need to order transcripts and wait for the degree to be awarded.
To obtain this letter, you must have already satisfied the following requirements:
- Applied to Graduate in Trailhead
- Must have completed all course credits and received grades for those courses.
- Non-thesis students are only eligible to receive a Letter of Completion if checking-out early and not registered for the current/future terms.
- Thesis based students are only eligible to receive a Letter of Completion if checking-out early, only registered for research credits and those credits are not needed to earn the degree.
- Degree Evaluation in Trailhead does not have any issues that need to be resolved
- Obtained Thesis/Dissertation approval from the Office of Graduate Studies (Master’s thesis and PhD students only). To obtain approval you must have:
- Met all the requirements to upload your thesis and had your thesis formatting approved by OGS.
- Submitted completed checkout form to the Office of Graduate Studies
- No holds on your account
To request the Letter of Completion, please contact Suzanne Beach at 303-273-3627 or email@example.com or Roxane Aungst at 303-273-3608 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters of Completion will be sent via email to your CSM email.