About the Scholarship
The Mines Foundation ‘Dignitaries program establishes a deep-rooted culture of philanthropy on campus and bridges the gap between students and a philanthropic, engaged alumni community. By developing leadership skills, expanding networking circles, and positively impacting the Mines campus through fundraising and educational engagement events, the ‘Dignitaries program will provide opportunities to better understand and contribute to a culture of philanthropy. This platform group will provide an education for peer-to-peer engagement and a long-term pipeline of support of time, talent and treasure to advance Mines.
Scholarship Components and Expectations:
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Attend monthly meetings with the Mines Foundation ‘Dignitaries team.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of one philanthropy event in the spring semester.
- Volunteer at 2 Foundation events in the spring semester as outlined in the activities calendar.
The Mines Foundation ‘Dignitaries are envisioned to be a prestigious group of students representing the Mines student population to students, donors, alumni, campus leadership, and university friends. ‘Dignitaries are awarded $500 per semester on a yearly basis. Students must reapply yearly to maintain eligibility status within the ‘Dignitaries program.
As part of this scholarship program, ‘Dignitaries will work with the Colorado School of Mines Foundation to plan and implement engaging campus events. These events will focus on infusing existing student groups, clubs and organizations with the importance and impact of philanthropic support. In addition, students in the ‘Dignitaries program will benefit from leadership development opportunities through a variety of workshops and lectures. The scholarship also focuses on providing the opportunity for unique access to the university and connections with Mines donors, alums, staff, community leaders and high-level guests.
- Must be a current Mines student who has attended Mines for at least one year.
- Must have a 2.5 GPA or higher.
- Passionate about Mines and enthusiastic about giving back to the Mines community.
- Outgoing, friendly, enjoys being around people and engaging with others.
- Embody high ethical standards and adhere to the Foundation values of mutual support, respect, service and integrity.
Please note prior philanthropy or leadership experience is not necessary to be considered for the Mines Foundation ‘Dignitaries Program. We are more interested in your character, passion for positively impacting the Mines campus and desire to grow as a leader.
We will consider complete applications from in-state and out-of-state undergraduate and graduate students with one year of experience at Mines. Applicants will be invited to interview for the Mines Foundation ‘Dignitaries program if selected.
How to apply?
Apply for the Mines Foundation ‘Dignitaries through the Mines scholarship portal—application is open October 16 – November 3.
Please email Julie Cummins, email@example.com, with any questions.