Supportive Measures for Respondents
Supportive measures allow students to continue to attend Mines in a way that is safe and also allows them access to their education. Supportive measures are offered to both the Complainant and the Respondent, and witnesses who identify need, during a formal resolution process (investigation).
If you have questions regarding any of Mines’ respondent measures, please contact our office.
No Contact Directives
- This letter outlines a variety of expectations, including communication will cease between involved parties, common area space is managed, campus activities and resources can be managed and retaliation in any form is prohibited and will have separate consequences.
- For students who live on-campus (residence halls, Mines’ owned Greek housing and the Mines Park Apartments), Residence Life can offer space that is removed from other parties involved.
- For students who live off-campus, the Office of Institutional Equity and Title IX can provide resources and guidance for each individual situation.
- Mines Police are available to walk students to and from parking lots, classrooms and other spaces on campus.
Academic Support Measures
Classroom Support Measures
- The Office of Institutional Equity and Title IX can work with the Registrar’s Office to change class sections.
- Expectations can also be developed that allow for a safer classroom environment.
Testing Support Measures
- The Office of Institutional Equity and Title IX can work with Disability Support Services to coordinate testing in the Testing Center. This will provide an environment that is quieter. The Office of Institutional Equity and Title IX cannot coordinate additional time on tests. Requests for this accommodation need to go through the Disability Support Services request process.
Other Academic Support Measures
- The Office of Institutional Equity and Title IX can work with CASA or academic departments to ensure students have access to tutoring.
- The Office of Institutional Equity and Title IX can work with individual professors to ensure students can be successful in their classes.
- The Office of Institutional Equity and Title IX can assist with changing your advisor.
- The Office of Institutional Equity and Title IX can work with your academic department to determine an alternate program path.
Health and Wellness Support Measures
- Referral to confidential therapy/counseling (on and off-campus) can be coordinated.
This list is not exhaustive. If there are additional support services needed, please reach out to the Office of Institutional Equity and Title IX (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss your needs.