Supportive Measures for Respondents
Supportive measures allow students to continue to attend Mines in a way that is safe and also allows them access to their education, and to employees to allow them to work at Mines in a way that is safe.
If you have questions regarding any of Mines’ respondent measures, please contact our office.
No Contact Directives
- This letter outlines a variety of expectations, including the prohibition of communication between involved parties, management of classroom/buildings, common area space, campus activities, and resources, and the prohibition and consequences of retaliation. No Contact Directives are provided mutually to both Complainants and Respondents.
- For students who live on-campus (residence halls, Mines’ owned Greek housing and the Mines Park Apartments), Residence Life can offer space that is removed from other parties involved.
- For students who live off-campus, the Office of Institutional Equity & Title IX can provide resources and guidance for each individual situation.
- Mines Police are available to walk students to and from parking lots, classrooms and other spaces on campus.
&Academic Support Measures
Classroom Support Measures
- The Office of Institutional Equity & Title IX can work with the Registrar’s Office to change class sections.
- The Office of Institutional Equity & Title IX work directly with individual professors to develop expectations allowing for a safer classroom environment.
Testing Support Measures
- The Office of Institutional Equity & Title IX can work with Disability Support Services to coordinate testing in the Testing Center. This will provide an environment that is quieter. The Office of Institutional Equity & Title IX cannot coordinate additional time on tests. Requests for this accommodation need to go through the Disability Support Services request process.
Other Academic Support Measures
- The Office of Institutional Equity & Title IX works with CASA or academic departments to ensure students have access to tutoring.
- The Office of Institutional Equity & Title IX works with individual professors to ensure students can be successful in their classes.
- The Office of Institutional Equity & Title IX can assist with changing your advisor.
- The Office of Institutional Equity & Title IX works with your academic department to determine an alternate program path.
Health and Wellness Support Measures
- Referral to confidential therapy/counseling (on and off-campus) can be coordinated.
This list is not exhaustive. If there are additional support services needed, please reach out to the Office of Institutional Equity and Title IX (email@example.com) to discuss your needs.