The Office of Institutional Equity & Title IX utilizes fair and unbiased processes for addressing reports of discrimination and harassment, including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, stalking, based on a protected class, and related retaliation for both students and employees. The purpose of reporting is to ensure safety and prevent further harm, offer supportive measures, resources, understand the scope of the problem and determine options for resolution.
If you have questions regarding Mines’ reporting, please contact our office.
Report to the Office of Institutional Equity & Title IX
- Incidents of Bias, Discrimination and Harassment and Campus Climate Concerns
- Incidents of Sexual Harassment, Sexual Assault, Dating/Domestic Violence, Stalking and other Sexual Misconduct
- You may make a report by scheduling a time to meet with the Title IX Coordinator and Director of the Office, Katie Schmalzel or the Assistant Director Alex Leach.
Filing a Formal Complaint
- For complaints alleging sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, or stalking, you may also submit a Formal Complaint via the Formal Complaint Form pursuant to section 3.0 of the Procedure to Resolve Complaints of Sexual Harassment, Sexual Assault, and Interpersonal Violence, and submit it to the Office of Institutional Equity & Title IX via email, or drop off or mail a physical copy to 1706 Illinois Street, Golden, CO 80401.
Confidential Reporting Options
Report confidentially to any of the confidential resource contacts. You can learn about reporting and accommodation options.
- Report confidentially 24/7 to the Blue Bench, Denver Metro’s only comprehensive sexual assault center,
- English: 303-322-7273
- Spanish: 303-329-0031
Report confidentially 24/7 to Victim Outreach Incorporated (VOI), which offers comprehensive support services to victims of crime and/or trauma.
- Phone: 303-202-2196
Report to the Police
- It is most effective to report directly to the jurisdiction in which the crime occurred. However, Mines Police (303-273-3333) and any individual from the Office of Institutional Equity and Title IX team can help you make a report.
- If you or someone you know is in danger, call 911.
The Office of Institutional Equity and Title IX supports efforts to uphold Mines’ commitment to creating and maintaining a working and learning environment that is inclusive and free of discriminatory conduct, harassment and violence.