The Office of Institutional Equity and Title IX utilizes fair and unbiased processes for addressing reports of sexual misconduct, intimate partner abuse (including dating and domestic violence), stalking, protected-class discrimination or harassment or related retaliation for students, staff and faculty. The purpose of reporting is to ensure safety and prevent further harm, offer support resources, understand the scope of the problem and determine options for resolution.
If you have questions regarding Mines’ reporting, please contact our office.
Report to the Office of Institutional Equity and Title IX
- Complete a Formal Complaint Form and submit it to the Office of Institutional Equity and Title IX via email, or drop off or mail a physical copy to 1706 Illinois St., Golden, CO 80401.
- You may also make a report by scheduling a time to meet with the interim institutional equity and title IX coordinator, Katie Schmalzel or any of the deputy coordinators.
Confidential Reporting Options
Report confidentially to any of the confidential resource contacts. You can learn about reporting and accommodation options.
- Report confidentially 24/7 to the Blue Bench, Denver Metro’s only comprehensive sexual assault center,
- English: 303-322-7273
- Spanish: 303-329-0031
Report confidentially 24/7 to Victim Outreach Incorporated (VOI), which offers comprehensive support services to victims of crime and/or trauma.
- Phone: 303-202-2196
Report to the Police
- It is most effective to report directly to the jurisdiction in which the crime occurred. However, Mines Police (303-273-3333) and any individual from the Office of Institutional Equity and Title IX team can help you make a report.
- If you or someone you know is in danger, call 911.
The Office of Institutional Equity and Title IX supports efforts to uphold Mines’ commitment to creating and maintaining a working and learning environment that is inclusive and free of discriminatory conduct, harassment and violence.