Title IX Athletic Compliance
The Department of Education issued the final Title IX regulations on May 6, 2020. The regulations will be effective on August 14, 2020. Colorado School of Mines has been aware and preparing for these regulations since the proposed regulations were provided in November 2018.
If you have questions regarding any of Mines’ Title IX athletic compliance, please contact our office.
The Title IX Office’s plan for implementation is as follows:
- May: Review and interpret the requirements of the final regulations in consultation with national experts.
- June: Revise policies and procedures to comply with the final regulations.
- July: Host a community forum to answer questions about the final regulations and how Mines is moving forward.
- The Community Forum was hosted on July 8. View a recording of the Forum.
- August: Finalize, publish, and implement the revised policies and procedures.