Information For Sponsored Students and Scholars

J-1 students with program sponsors other than the Colorado School of Mines are considered sponsored students. Information about J-1 sponsorship is located in section two of the DS-2019. Sponsored students receive funding from sources outside of Colorado School of Mines, such as a government agency, home university, or institution. Sponsored students are required to complete and submit a third party billing form to the Controllers Office at the beginning your first semester.

J-1 sponsored students are welcome to consult with an ISSS advisor; however, specific questions related to immigration status should be directed to the Responsible Officer (RO) or Alternate Responsible Officer (ARO) for their J-1 program. Contact information for the RO or ARO is provided in section seven of the DS-2019.