Resources for Students
Did your professor put materials on reserve for your class? Check out items at the Front Desk.
More than Just Books …
Space and Study
The Library has a variety of spaces; explore and find your perfect spot.
- Quiet — Floor 3.
- Don’t mind noise? Need a table for 4? — Floors 2 & 2M.
- Great view, comfy chairs — The Reading Room with a View (Floor 2) is just for you.
- Study rooms (walk-in or reservation) — Floors 1M, 2, 2M and 3.
- Teamwork? Configure your own space? Moveable furniture and whiteboards? — Research/Study and Boettcher rooms (Floor 2).
- Outdoors — Tables with campus wireless network (Mines community only) and power outlets.
Using Your Laptop
- Campus wireless network — Available in most areas.
- Electrical outlets — Scattered around the building (most in the Research/Study Room).
- Extension cords — Check out at the Front Desk.
- Print from your laptop.
- Temporary storage and a free charge — Laptop lockers adjacent to the campus computer lab (Floor 2).
- Available throughout the Library (most on Floor 2). Move the wheeled boards where you want.
- Dry-erase marker kits available for check out at the Front Desk.
Need a study break?
- Book & Brew Coffee Shop: Caffeine and sugar.
- New Fiction and Non-Fiction Books: Reading Room with a View (Floor 2).
- Jigsaw Puzzle of the Week: Adjacent to the campus computer lab (Floor 2).
CASA tutoring: Research/Study Room (Floor 2).
NHV & EPICS — Need help with research for your NHV papers or EPICS project?
Space and Study: Study Rooms 320B and 320D for graduate students ONLY (walk-in or reservation).
Need In-Depth Assistance? We’ll meet with you one-on-one or as a group to help you with research in your field, tailored to your needs. See a librarian at the Front Desk or Ask a Librarian.
Manage Your Citations
- Mines Thesis Writer’s Guide
- Check the Library Catalog for books on writing a thesis or dissertation
- Ready to submit?
- Your published thesis in Digital Collections of Colorado
Arthur Lakes Library is one of the largest employers of students on campus. Most positions require work-study eligibility, but other positions are available. See DiggerNet for open positions.