Mines Mentoring Program
At Mines, we don’t do solo ascents. We climb together. And through the Mines Mentoring program, we’re growing and supporting the Oredigger family in new, exciting and meaningful ways.
The Mines Mentoring program connects businesses and professionals with Mines alumni, employees and students (the Oredigger Network), enriches the preparation and experiences of aspiring entrepreneurs (Entrepreneurs @ Mines) and serves to welcome and orient new Mines faculty to our community (extended onboarding).
We invite mentors to lend their time and expertise to Mines students, employees and alumni; connect with Orediggers to help grow their knowledge and network in ways that are proven to energize their careers; and offer student entrepreneurs and new faculty an enriching and supportive mentor-led community.
The Oredigger Network
What is the Oredigger Network?
- An exclusive online community where business professionals, industry leaders, alumni, faculty/staff and others volunteer to individually mentor members of the Oredigger community.
- For Orediggers, by Orediggers. This network is built and supported by Mines’ alumni relations office, the Career Center, Diversity, Inclusion and Access and others.
- A resource for today and tomorrow. Mentees are matched to a mentor who can answer their questions, get to know them and offer advice and guidance on everything from career next steps to college course selections. Once inside the network, you’ll also have access to more resources, professionals in your industry and company recruiters.
The Oredigger Network and the opportunities it offers are funded by a generous gift from Phillips 66.
Mark your calendar
August 17 – Registration opens
September 7 – Registration closes
September 8 – Match day
(“e-meet” your mentor or mentee)
The program’s matching algorithm will recommend up to three mentors or mentees who pair well with individuals based on profile responses. The Oredigger Network experience runs for six months unless pair decide to end earlier.
Three reasons to join
- Grow your network with ease. The Oredigger Network is a virtual community matching students, alumni and faculty/staff with peers, colleagues, industry professionals and others—all via one-to-one virtual meet-ups.
- It’s a proven way to improve your career prospects (today and into the future). Knowing someone inside an industry or organization—or with connections within an organization—dramatically improves the likelihood of landing an interview and a job. And once employed, employees with a mentor are twice as likely to be promoted as those without.
- Orediggers helping Orediggers. Opportunity to engage with campus, share your expertise, gain new skills and achieve your professional or personal goals.
Programs by invitation
Entrepreneuers @ Mines
Looking for a way to expand your network while building key skills? Join the Entrepreneurs at Mines program where you can find a peer-run mentoring group on topics and skills important to your unique learning needs.
The program is offered and organized by the Entrepreneurship and Innovation program at Mines and is currently invite only.
New Faculty Extended On-boarding
Navigating the first year on campus can be challenging—even for faculty. But with extended onboarding, seasoned faculty members can help their new colleagues get settled in their new environment and find success on campus. Over the course of two semesters, mentors and mentees in this program connect virtually each month and discuss rotating topics via discussion boards and messaging.
The program is offered and organized by faculty at Mines and is currently invite only.