Orientation Step 1: Launch
This orientation program is designed to prepare students for a smooth and successful transition to Mines. This program is for those students who have committed to enroll at Mines and have submitted their $200 confirmation fee. Highlights of this program include small-group advising, sessions with academic and support services, departmental open houses, and much more. 2017 sessions are now closed, but an online version is available here:
Online Launch Program
The videos below were recorded at a previous Launch session. Please view videos on the topics you find beneficial at your leisure.
Speakers: Becca Flintoft, AVP of Student Life and Erik Trenary, student: https://vimeo.com/220820242/96ee46a489
- Center for Academic Services and Advising/CASA (advising and services overview): https://vimeo.com/216898845/14eeef0a04
- Campus Resources (Registrar, Student Health Insurance, Career Center, Dean of Students): https://vimeo.com/220820545/9a15b8173c
- Housing Presentation: https://vimeo.com/220820725/95e376a114
- Health Center and Counseling Services: https://vimeo.com/220822690/e13573a617
- Financial Aid: https://vimeo.com/220826108/1fca8803ed
- Community Policing & Safety: https://vimeo.com/220831027/348d95c7a1
- Student Panel Q & A: https://vimeo.com/220835510/34fdb90efa
The Registrar’s Office will create fall semester schedules for all incoming students. Student schedules will include all applicable AP/IB/transfer coursework and will include courses in the Core Curriculum. Schedules will be available to view on Trailhead towards the end of July, and students are able to make changes to their schedules in early August should they so desire.
If you want to deny any or all of your AP/IB credit, please visit this website for detailed instructions: https://inside.mines.edu/decline_ap_ib_credit/