Current Students Abroad



Emergency Information

The safety and well-being of our students participating in official Mines sponsored programs is very important to us. If you have a question about maintaining your health and safety while abroad on an OIP-sponsored program, contact the office.

If you are abroad as a Mines Student or Faculty member and need to report an emergency situation or get emergency assistance,

  •   the 24/7 CAMPUS POLICE number is (001) 303 273-3333
  •   or call the OIP during regular business hours at (001) 303 384-2120 (can recieve collect calls)

This is for EMERGENCIES ONLY, where the health/safety of the student is an issue. The first number will connect you with School of Mines police, and the second with a person from the Office of International Programs.

When calling the hotline please follow these steps:

  1. Dial the international access code for the U.S. (Use if you don’t know)*
  2. Dial one of the hotline numbers above
  3. Identify yourself as a Mines student or faculty studying abroad and give the country where you are currently located
  4. State your name
  5. Tell the person what is wrong
  6. Tell the person how to contact you

* Before you leave, prepare by writing down our emergency contact numbers, and how to dial the number using

For Title IX information and reporting please visit





Mines International Office
924 16th Street
Green Center, Suite 219
Colorado School of Mines
Golden, CO 80401

Office Hours
Monday through Friday, 9:00 - 11:30 and 1:30 - 4:00

David Wright, Assistant Provost for International Affairs
(303) 384-2120 /

Mary Cook, Director and Manager of Student Mobility-Outbound/Inbound
(303) 384-2121 /

Main Office Phone and Email
(303) 273-3210 /