Short Term Applications & Forms
Please complete all the forms listed below and submit them to our office at:
1200 16th Street
Ben Parker Student Center Suite E110
We will give you a transcript request form which you must sign if you wish OIP to obtain the official transcript for your application.
Complete Application Form
This application applies to all short term trips (faculty led, short term programs, student organization trips, 3rd party trips, etc.)
Individual Forms (Include In Completed Application)
Forms & Information For Accepted Students
Before travelling overseas, it is very important to aquire and complete the following forms. All forms can be found at the OIP office located at 1200 16th Street, Suite E110 in the Ben Parker Student Center.
For additional information and help, contact the OIP.
- Foreign Study Budget – This is a rough estimate of what you are going to spend on your trip. Often times university websites have a section on their webpage that will help with this. Complete this form and review it with the Financial Aid office.
A list of insurance providers are listed here (please take note that none of them are endorsed by OIP nor Mines)
ISIC is a student ID card that is accepted internationally. The card serves as proof of student status in over 100 countries, making available a worldwide network of student travel offices. The card also gives the student access to well over 30,000 discounts in over 106 countries worldwide and savings and services in the UK, including discounts on airline travel!
ISIC cards are required for all Mines students who study overseas.
For more information about ISIC (International Student Identity Cards) please visit the ISIC website or contact us at our office.
Title IX Information
For Title IX information and reporting, please visit http://inside.mines.edu/POGO-Title-IX.
Device Safety Information
For information and advice on keeping your devices and data safe while traveling click here.
A visa is issued by the Consulate General of the country you will be visiting. A student visa cannot be issued until you have received an official letter of invitation. Some countries allow you to apply online; most require that you send your passport, letter of acceptance and other documentation to the nearest consulate.
The Office of International Programs will assist you with the visa process, contact us for more information.
Below are links to the Consulate-General of countries that requires U.S. students to apply for a visa before departure:
- Australia – Australian Consulate-General, Los Angeles
- Austria – Austrian Embassy, Washington D.C.
- France – Consulate-General of France, Los Angeles
- Hungary – Embassy of Hungary, Washington D.C.
- Japan – Consulate-General of Japan, Los Angeles
- Mexico – Consulate General of Mexico, Los Angeles – Visa Application Page
- Sweden – Consulate-General of Sweden, Washington D.C.
- United Kingdom – British Consulate-General, Los Angeles – UK Visa Application
Office of International Programs
1200 16th Street
Ben Parker Student Center, Suite E110
Colorado School of Mines
Golden, CO 80401
Monday through Friday, 9:00 - 11:30 and 1:30 - 4:00
David Wright, Assistant Provost for International Affairs
(303) 384-2120 /email@example.com
Mary Cook, Associate Director and Manager of Student Mobility-Outbound/Inbound
(303) 384-2121 /firstname.lastname@example.org
Main Office Phone and Email
(303) 273-3210 / email@example.com