Having a car on campus just got a whole lot easier
Students at Mines now have wheels with no strings attached.
Zipcar, the world’s leading car sharing service, is available on campus for all students, faculty, and staff, ages 18 and over. Members can reserve the cars parked right on campus by the hour or day, 24/7. Zipcar makes it easy to get downtown, run errands or even take a road trip. Zipcar covers gas, insurance, and 180 miles per day, see more information here.
How to use a Zipcar vehicle
- Register now at zipcar.com/mines
- Reserve a car online or on your phone for as little as an hour or up to seven days
- Let yourself into the car with your unique Zipcard.
- Drive away! Just make sure to return the car to a Zipcar location at the end of your reservation.
Turo is a car rental company that offers unique and inexpensive rentals for full day or weekly options. Find more information here.
How to rent a car with Turo
- Sign up for Turo with Facebook, Google, or your email. We’ll confirm your identity and eligibility so you can become an approved driver.
- Find the perfect car by entering your travel dates and location to search a vast selection of unique, locally-owned cars.
- Book the car of your dreams. The owner will confirm or decline your trip within eight hours, but typically it’s much sooner. Book cars instantly on listings with the “Book Instantly” badge.
- Pick up the car or have the owner deliver it, if possible. Meet the car’s owner, walk around the car, show them your license and grab the keys.
- Go explore! In the city or the woods, for a few days or a few weeks, rain or shine, grab your shades and go create something to write home about.
- Return the car at the end of your trip. Replace the gas you used, and meet the owner to drop off the car. Walk around the car again, hand over the keys, give them a high five, and start planning your next adventure.