New employees should be able to purchase parking permits online (see instructions below). If you encounter any difficulties fill out the New Employee Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the form has been processed, you will receive instructions for purchasing a permit.
Employees may choose to pay for their permits via a monthly deduction from their paycheck. These permits renew monthly until Parking is notified to cancel the permit or if the employee leaves Mines. If the permit is pre-paid then the permit must be paid for in full at time of expiration and cannot be renewed automatically.
Types of campus permits
- Yellow permits- allow parking exclusively within all lots identified on the Campus Parking Map in yellow. An employee with a Yellow permit is not allowed to purchase an hourly or daily permit in a Blue lot.
- Blue permits- allow parking within all lots identified on the campus parking map in blue (including the garage at 1400 Maple St.), on-streets within the campus boundaries, and in Yellow lots.
- Red Reserved permits- allow for parking exclusively in the specific Reserved lot (red on the campus map) that they are assigned, and in Yellow lots. Most Red Reserved permits are currently sold out and must be requested by adding your name to the waitlist for the Reserved lot you are interested in. This can be done through your parking account. Employees can be on up to three waitlists at one time.
ANNUAL CAMPUS PARKING PERMIT RATES
Annual campus permit rates for Faculty and Staff are the same as for students.
|FACULTY/STAFF PERMIT TYPES||PERMIT COSTS FOR 2021/2022 ACADEMIC YEAR||PERMIT COSTS FOR 2022/2023 ACADEMIC YEAR|
|YELLOW PARKING AREAS ONLY||$225/year ($18.75/month)||$292/year ($24.33/month)|
|BLUE PARKING, includes campus streets & parking garage at 1400 Maple Street||$395/year ($32.92/month)||$434/year ($36.17/month)|
|RED RESERVED PARKING in designated lot only or commuter areas||$525/year ($43.75/month)||$577/year ($48.08/month)|
|RED RESERVED GARAGE PARKING in designated spaces only in parking garage 1400 Maple Street or commuter areas||$640/year ($53.33/month)||$704/year ($58.67/month)|
(The monthly rates reflect the monthly payroll deduction amounts for employees as paid over a 12-month period.)
Purchasing a permit online
Parking permits may be purchased online or at the Parking office. Follow the steps below to make an online permit purchase:
- Verify that your Mines email has been set up for at least three days.
- Follow this link to log in to your parking portal using your single sign on password.
- Once logged in, select “GET PERMITS”
- Select which permit you would like to purchase.
- Review and agree to the Parking Policy. All employees are expected to know the Parking Policy.
- Select which vehicles will be utilizing the permit. Only one vehicle is allowed to park on campus at a time.
- Verify that all license plate information is correct as permitting is enforced via license plate recognition software.
- After selecting vehicles, the system will prompt you to checkout. Choose your desired form of payment from the drop down menu (e.g. “Payroll Deduction”) then press “Pay Now” to complete the transaction. Do not add or purchase more than one permit.
- Once the checkout process has been completed, a verification receipt will become available. This confirms your purchase and no further action need be taken.
- All permits are virtual, no decals will be issued, nor does anything need to be displayed in the windshield.