What are the different types of permits?
- Mines Park Resident permits- which allow parking exclusively in Mines Park residential areas (identified on the campus parking map in green).
- Commuter permits- which allow parking exclusively within all Commuter lots (identified on the campus parking map in yellow).A student with a Commuter permit is not allowed to purchase an hourly or daily permit in a General lot.
- General permits- which allow parking within all General lots (identified on the campus parking map in blue), on-streets within the campus boundaries, in Commuter lots, and along Tangent Way in Mines Park.
What type of permit can I buy?
- Mines Park residents can only obtain a Mines Park Resident permit.
- Greek Row & Upperclassmen Campus residents can only obtain a Commuter permit.
- Commuting students can choose to purchase either a Commuter or General parking permit, while available. General permits sell out quickly. If none are available, a General permit waitlist is available should they become available.
How much do permits cost?
Refer to the Campus Parking Map for lot locations of permit types.
|PERMIT TYPES||2019/2020 ACADEMIC YEAR||
2020/2021 ACADEMIC YEAR
(to be determined)
|COMMUTER PARKING AREAS ONLY||$130.00 Annually|
|GENERAL PARKING, includes campus streets||$330.00 Annually|
|MINES PARK ONLY||INCLUDED IN RENT|
|GARAGE GENERAL (opening Spring 2020)||$475.00 Annually|
How do I purchase a permit?
Parking permits may be purchased online or at the Parking office. Please follow the instructions and links below to purchase your permit. If you have trouble making your purchase, please contact Parking Services for assistance.
- Make sure your Mines email has been set up for at least three days before attempting to purchase a permit.
- Follow this link to log in to your parking portal using your single sign on password.
- Once logged in, select “GET PERMITS”
- Choose which permit you would like to purchase.
- Review and agree to the Mines Parking Policy.
- Select which vehicles will be utilizing the permit. Only one vehicle is allowed on campus at a time.
- Verify that all license plate information is correct as permitting is enforced via license plate recognition.
- After making your permit selection, the system will prompt you to checkout. Choose your desired form of payment from the drop down menu (e.g. “Discover”) then press “Pay Now” to complete the transaction. Do not add or purchase more than one permit.
- Once the checkout process has been completed through CASHNet, a verification receipt will become available. This confirms your purchase and no further action needs to be taken.
- All permits are virtual, no decals will be issued, nor need to be displayed in the windshield.
Those desiring to return their permit for a refund at the end of Fall Semester may do so through Census Day by contacting Parking Services to cancel their permit.
Communication to students at the Colorado School of Mines (Mines) is an important element of the official business of the university and is done exclusively through Mines email addresses. Emails sent to Mines email accounts are deemed to have been delivered.