Permits for the Summer 2023 semester will be available Monday, May 1, 2023. Permits may be purchased online or at the Parking office.
Fall semester permits are valid August 1st through December 31st.
Spring semester permits are valid January 1st through May 31st.
Summer semester permits are valid from the first day of the semester through the last day of the semester.
What are the different types of permits?
- Mines Park Resident permits- allow parking exclusively in Mines Park residential areas (identified on the campus parking map in green).
- Yellow permits- allow parking exclusively within all lots identified on the campus parking map in yellow. A student with a Yellow permit is not allowed to purchase an hourly or daily permit in a Blue lot.
- Blue permits- allow parking within all lots identified on the campus parking map in blue (including the garage at 1400 Maple St.), on-streets within the campus boundaries, and in Yellow lots.
- Red Reserved permits- are only available to faculty and staff.
What type of permit can I buy?
- Mines Park residents can only obtain a Mines Park Resident permit. Residents must purchase the permit (cost is $0.00) through their parking account or at the Parking office.
- Greek Row residents can only obtain a Yellow permit.
- Commuting students can choose to purchase either a Yellow or Blue parking permit, while available. Blue permits have traditionally sold out. If none are available, you may add your name to the Blue permit waitlist through your parking account. You will be notified when a permit becomes available.
- Non-first-year Resident students will be allowed to purchase a permit when they go on sale. Resident permits will be valid in either Lot Q or Lot AA. Students living on campus may park their vehicles overnight in the areas where their permits are valid.
- First-year Resident students are not allowed to purchase a permit unless permission is granted after submission of a waiver request. More parking information regarding the waiver process for first-year students can be found here.
- 1750 Jackson students can purchase a Reserved parking permit for the garages under that building, while available. All 1750 Jackson residents will be included in a lottery and will be notified in mid-July if they are allowed to purchase a permit.
How much do permits cost?
Refer to the Campus Parking Map for lot locations of permit types.
PERMIT TYPES 2023 SPRING SEMESTER 2023 FALL SEMESTER
YELLOW PARKING AREAS ONLY $146.00 $146.00
BLUE PARKING, includes campus streets & parking garage at 1400 Maple Street $217.00 $217.00
LOT K, only valid in Lot K $75.00
MINES PARK ONLY INCLUDED IN RENT INCLUDED IN RENT
RESIDENT STUDENT* in designated lot only $306.00 $336.00
* Defined as students living in campus housing (excluding those living in Mines Park and at 1750 Jackson).
How do I purchase a permit?
Parking permits may be purchased online or at the Parking office. Please follow the instructions and links below to purchase your permit. If you have trouble making your purchase, please contact Parking Services for assistance.
- Make sure your Mines email has been set up for at least three days before attempting to purchase a permit.
- Follow this link to log in to your parking portal using your single sign on password.
- Once logged in, select “GET PERMITS”
- Choose which permit you would like to purchase.
- Review and agree to the Mines Parking Policy. All students are expected to know the Parking Policy.
- Select which vehicles will be utilizing the permit. Only one vehicle is allowed on campus at a time.
- Verify that all license plate information is correct as permitting is enforced via license plate recognition.
- After making your permit selection, the system will prompt you to checkout. Choose your desired form of payment from the drop down menu (e.g. “Discover”) then press “Pay Now” to complete the transaction. Do not add or purchase more than one permit.
- Once the checkout process has been completed through CASHNet, a verification receipt will become available. This confirms your purchase and no further action needs to be taken.
- All permits are virtual, no decals will be issued, nor does anything need to be displayed in the windshield.
After reviewing the Parking Policy, click HERE to purchase a permit.
Communication to students at the Colorado School of Mines (Mines) is an important element of the official business of the university and is done exclusively through Mines email addresses. Emails sent to Mines email accounts are deemed to have been delivered.
1400 Maple Street, Ste 127
Golden, CO 80401
7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.