Parking permits for the Spring 2021 semester go on sale Monday, Nov. 23, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. Permits may be purchased online or at the Parking office.
Fall semester permits are valid August 1st through December 31st. Permits are now on sale for returning students and incoming freshmen.
Spring semester permits are valid January 1st through May 31st.
Summer semester permits are valid from the first day of the semester through the last day of the semester.
What are the different types of permits?
- Mines Park Resident permits- which allow parking exclusively in Mines Park residential areas (identified on the campus parking map in green).
- Commuter permits- which allow parking exclusively within all Commuter lots (identified on the campus parking map in yellow). A student with a Commuter permit is not allowed to purchase an hourly or daily permit in a General lot.
- General permits- which allow parking within all General lots (identified on the campus parking map in blue), on-streets within the campus boundaries, in Commuter lots, and along Tangent Way in Mines Park.
- Garage General permits- which allow parking in the garage at 1400 Maple St. and in Commuter lots.
What type of permit can I buy?
- Mines Park residents can only obtain a Mines Park Resident permit.
- Greek Row residents can only obtain a Commuter permit.
- Commuting students can choose to purchase either a Commuter, General, or Garage General parking permit, while available. General permits have traditionally sold out quickly. If none are available, you may add your name to a General permit waitlist through your parking account. You will be notified when a permit becomes available.
- Resident students can choose to purchase either a Commuter or Garage General parking permit, while available. Students living on campus may park their vehicles overnight in the areas where their permits are valid.
How much do permits cost?
Refer to the Campus Parking Map for lot locations of permit types.
|PERMIT TYPES||2020 FALL SEMESTER||
2021 SPRING SEMESTER
|COMMUTER PARKING AREAS ONLY||$65.00||$65.00|
|GENERAL PARKING, includes campus streets||$165.00||$165.00|
|MINES PARK ONLY||INCLUDED IN RENT||INCLUDED IN RENT|
How do I purchase a permit?
Parking permits may be purchased online or at the Parking office. Please follow the instructions and links below to purchase your permit. If you have trouble making your purchase, please contact Parking Services for assistance.
- Make sure your Mines email has been set up for at least three days before attempting to purchase a permit.
- Follow this link to log in to your parking portal using your single sign on password.
- Once logged in, select “GET PERMITS”
- Choose which permit you would like to purchase.
- Review and agree to the Mines Parking Policy.
- Select which vehicles will be utilizing the permit. Only one vehicle is allowed on campus at a time.
- Verify that all license plate information is correct as permitting is enforced via license plate recognition.
- After making your permit selection, the system will prompt you to checkout. Choose your desired form of payment from the drop down menu (e.g. “Discover”) then press “Pay Now” to complete the transaction. Do not add or purchase more than one permit.
- Once the checkout process has been completed through CASHNet, a verification receipt will become available. This confirms your purchase and no further action needs to be taken.
- All permits are virtual, no decals will be issued, nor need to be displayed in the windshield.
Communication to students at the Colorado School of Mines (Mines) is an important element of the official business of the university and is done exclusively through Mines email addresses. Emails sent to Mines email accounts are deemed to have been delivered.