The Faculty Senate promotes cooperation and understanding among the various constituencies that comprise the School by:
- Providing a forum for the Academic Faculty to express its concerns to the Administration and the Board of Trustees;
- Encouraging the involvement of the Academic Faculty in the overall operation of the School; and
- Fostering and maintaining a stimulating atmosphere for teaching, scholarship and service.
Meetings are held on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month in Hill Hall Room 300 from 2 to 4 p.m.
The AFC was organized to serve as the representative body of the Administrative Faculty at Mines, to build and foster community among Administrative Faculty, and to actively participate in policy matters at Mines which may be relevant or of interest to the Administrative Faculty. The AFC serves as an advisory body to the Mines Administration, provides information and advice to its constituents, and acts as a liaison to the Faculty Senate and the Association of Classified Employees. To contact AFC board members, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ACE is an officially recognized organization for Classified Staff at the Colorado School of Mines and is dedicated to:
- Supporting the mission, goals and objectives of the Colorado School of Mines;
- Facilitating effective communication between the Association’s membership and the Mines Community;
- Promoting a campus spirit of mutual cooperation and respect;
- Promoting the highest degree of professionalism within the Association’s membership and support activities to enhance professional performance; and
- Recognizing Association members for outstanding contributions to Mines and the Community at-large.