MINES’ POLICY LIBRARY
Policies by Subject
Institutional Alcohol Policy
Board of Trustees Policies
- Amorous Relationships Policy (Updated 07.15.2015)
- Authorized Agent Indemnification Policy
- Board of Trustee Conflict of Interest Policy
- Capital Construction and Real Estate Conveyance Policy
- Conflict of Interest Policy (Faculty) (New 10.30.2015)
Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form
- Contract Approval Policy (Updated 10.30.2015)
- Contractual Indemnification Policy (revised 05.23.16)
- Debt Management Policy
- Executive Authority Delegation Policy
- Interest Rate Swap Policy
- Institutional Plan for Student Fees and Other Charges
- Institutional Alcohol Policy
- Policy Prohibiting Sexual Harassment, Sexual Violence, and Interpersonal Violence
- Unlawful Discrimination Policy
The following Board-level policies appear in the Faculty Handbook, Section 10.
Approved by the Colorado School of Mines Board of Trustees: May 2010
1.0 STATEMENT OF AUTHORITY AND PURPOSE
This policy is promulgated pursuant to the authority conferred by 23-41-104(1), C.R.S. (2010) in order to set forth an official policy regarding alcohol at the Colorado School of Mines (“the school” or “Mines”).
The school is committed to maintaining an environment that supports and promotes healthy lifestyles including the academic and personal development of all members of the university community. The unlawful presence and irresponsible use of alcohol impacts the health and development of the community as a whole and its individual members. The objectives of this policy are to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws, and school regulations regarding alcohol, and to set forth the position of the Mines Board of Trustees on alcohol and the university community.
3.0 POLICY STATEMENT
All members of the Mines community, including but not limited to employees, students, and contractors, must adhere to applicable federal, state, and local laws and school regulations related to the possession, consumption, distribution, and sale of alcoholic beverages. Members of the Mines community are accountable for their actions and judgment and are expected to make responsible decisions regarding alcohol.
Violations of this policy are subject to appropriate institutional and legal sanctions.
The Mines Board of Trustees authorizes and directs the President or delegate to develop, administer, and maintain the appropriate administrative policies, procedures, and guidelines to implement this policy. The President will apprise the Board of Trustees regarding major changes or additions to the administrative policies, procedures and guidelines associated with the institutional alcohol policy.