Application to Graduate

Applying to Graduate


Graduate Students

Please contact the Office of Graduate Studies for information on deadlines to submit your Admission to Candidacy Form.

Undergraduate Students

Once you have completed 90.0 credit hours, you must submit an Application to Graduate to the Registrar’s Office. This application will allow the Registrar’s Office to process your Official Degree Audit. Your graduation application must be submitted by the first day of class of the term you intend to graduate.

The Application to Graduate is completed online through your Trailhead account. To submit the application, follow these steps:

  1. From, click on the “Banner Student Self-Service” widget icon—OR—from Trailhead, scroll down to the ‘Student Services’ card and click on the “Student Self-Service” link
  2. Click on the “Student Profile” link
  3. Click on “Application to Graduate” link
  4. Select Term (the current term)—this is not the term you intend to graduate. This is simply selecting the most current available term for processing.
  5. Select Curriculum (your academic program)
  6. Select Graduation Term/Date from dropdown menu
  7. Select Ceremony Attendance choice (you can revisit your application later to update your decision if you aren’t sure at the time of application)
  8. Select Diploma Name (from dropdown menu or add ‘New’ if different)
  9. Select Mailing Address for physical diploma (from dropdown menu or add ‘New’ if different)
  10. Review information entered and Submit Request
    • If you encounter any errors, please send a screenshot with your reply and question.
    • For a double degree, apply for one degree and then proceed with the process above a second time to apply for graduation from the second degree.
    • Financial holds of any kind (including parking holds) will hold the application to graduate; these issues must be resolved before applying to graduate.

Contact Us

Registrar's Office
Student Center, Suite E280
1200 16th Street
Golden, CO 80401

Registration or student record questions
FAX: 303-384-2253

Residency petition & COF questions

Transfer credit questions

Military and VA Benefit related questions

Graduation questions