General Undergraduate Transfer Credit Information

General Undergraduate Transfer Credit Information

General Undergraduate Transfer Credit Information


To be eligible for an official transfer credit review, course work from domestic U.S. institutions must meet the following minimum criteria:

  • The student has been admitted into a degree-seeking program at Mines
  • The credit was earned at a regionally-accredited institution
  • Courses must have a grade of “C” or higher (grades of Pass/Fail or Satisfactory are accepted only if equivalent to a grade of “C” or better).  Courses with a grade of “C-” will not transfer.
  • Courses must be applicable to a degree at Mines
  • Science and math courses in particular must be at a level high enough to be applicable to a degree at Mines (e.g., Calculus I or Physics I – Calculus-Based)
  • General core science courses must include a lab component
  • Courses must be from an academic discipline; they cannot be remedial-level, theological in nature, or from a vocational program, such as carpentry or medical assisting.
  • Courses cannot be more than 10 years old prior to the start of your program at Mines, unless that credit is reviewed and approved by the appropriate Mines academic department
  • Courses cannot be a duplicate of credit already earned at Mines
  • The student cannot have failed the equivalent course twice or more at Mines
  • CLEP exam credit is not awarded
  • The credit is posted on an official transcript, which must be sent by the issuing institution directly to Mines. Electronic transcripts are preferred, but paper is acceptable.


To Send Transcripts:


Incoming students who haven’t yet started classes or who are in their first semester at Mines:

Send official transcripts to the admissions office. Please review your Oredigger Checklist for specific information regarding how/where to send official transcripts.


Continuing students who are in their second semester or later at Mines:

Send official transcripts to the registrar’s office.  Electronic copies should be sent to:

Physical copies should be sent to the address on the right side of this page.


After an official transfer credit evaluation has been completed, results can be viewed by using the Degree Works tool in Trailhead.  It can take 2-3 weeks for the credit to post to admitted student Mines records after the official transcript has been received.

Transfer courses will display on your Colorado School of Mines transcript with a grade of “T.”  The grades for transferred courses do not count towards your Colorado School of Mines GPA.

Contact Us

Registrar's Office
Student Center, Suite E280
1200 16th Street
Golden, CO 80401

Registration or student record questions
FAX: 303-384-2253

Residency petition & COF questions

Transfer credit questions

Military and VA Benefit related questions

Graduation questions