International University Transfer Credit

International University Transfer Credit


To be eligible for an official transfer credit review of course work from international institutions, the following conditions must be met:

  • An official WES, ECE or other NACES member third-party credential evaluation has been received by Mines.  This evaluation should come with a copy of the transcript that WES, ECE or the third-party service used to perform their evaluation.  For detailed information, visit the admission page for international transcript requirements.
  • The student has been admitted into a degree-seeking program at Mines
  • The courses meet the general eligibility requirements (e.g. a grade of “C” or higher has been earned, courses cannot be more than 10 years old, etc.).  For full details, visit the criteria listed on domestic US institutions page.


After a student with international university coursework has been admitted and a third-party credential evaluation has been received by Mines, an official transfer credit evaluation will be performed resulting in eligible course work being accepted generally as free elective credit.  The course work will remain as as free elective credit until the Transfer Course Approval process has been initiated by the student for any course(s) the student wishes to have reviewed for a direct Mines equivalency.  

In most cases, the Transfer Course Approval form must be accompanied by a syllabus or an in-depth course description in English before an academic department at Mines can perform a course review.  Certified English translations of syllabi may be required and it is the responsibility of the student to have requested syllabi sent to the transfer team for courses s/he wishes to have reviewed for a direct Mines equivalency. Students may contact after they’ve been admitted and after their initial evaluation has been completed for more information about possible next steps.

Newly admitted students should make an effort to submit all required transfer credit-related documentation by the beginning of their first term at Mines so that they are placed in appropriate courses, which will help ensure a smooth degree experience at Mines.

Contact Us

Registrar's Office
Student Center, Suite E280
1200 16th Street
Golden, CO 80401

Registration or student record questions
FAX: 303-384-2253

Residency petition & COF questions

Transfer credit questions

Military and VA Benefit related questions

Graduation questions