Military Credit Information (JST)
Mines offers a comprehensive review of all previous military coursework and/or experience in an effort to support the exemplary service of our nation’s military and veteran student population.
We have established a review of this coursework and experience in an effort to provide you with the maximum amount of credit for your previous education and training. Credit accepted in transfer may not duplicate coursework previously taken. Military service credit is evaluated when official copies of transcripts from military schools are received and are evaluated according to the American Council on Education (ACE) Guidelines. Please be aware that the credit recommended by ACE does not guarantee the awarding of credit for that course or experience.
- Army, Navy, Coast Guard, and Marine personnel should submit a Joint Services Transcript. To order a Joint Services transcript, go to https://jst.doded.mil/.
- Air Force personnel should submit a Community College of the Air Force transcript. To order a CCAF transcript, go to http://www.au.af.mil/au/ccaf/transcripts.asp. Please Note: CCAF is a regionally accredited institution.
General credit may be granted for:
- EDNS: For instructions and to apply for EDNS credit, visit here: https://cornerstone.mines.edu/course-exemption/
- EDNS 151: Veterans ranked E4 and above can receive automatic approval for EDNS151 by submitting their DD214. Follow instructions provided on the link
- EDNS 251: Those seeking academic credit for EDSN251, or for EDNS151 who are ranked lower than E4, are welcomed to apply for transfer credit. Follow instructions provided on the link.
- Your application will be assessed based on how well your military experience meets the learning objectives of each course, you must apply for each course separately.
- PAGN: up to 2 credits and waive 4 semester requirement for Physical Education
- HASS: up to 6 credit-hours: Foreign language courses taken through the State Department, Department of Defense or Defense Language Institute are assigned credit based on ACE’s recommendation.
- HASS 2XX (3 credit hours): for ROTC participants who complete Military History.
- Free Electives: up to 6 credits.
- Additional military credit are not evaluated for specific course equivalencies for required courses in the degree, but may be used by your Colorado School of Mines academic department for degree requirements.
Student Center, Suite E280
1200 16th Street
Golden, CO 80401
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8 am-5 pm
Follow us on Twitter