Ordering Transcripts

Ordering Transcripts

Official Transcript Orders

All official transcripts are usually processed 24-48 hours after order except during peak periods of the year. Use the Online Transcript Ordering System to submit an order for a transcript in either electronic PDF format or the traditional paper format from Colorado School of Mines. Fees are charged at the time the order is processed.

PDF transcripts are encrypted with security properties to protect the integrity of the academic record, and may not be accepted for upload by unsophisticated websites.  It is always the responsibility of the student to ensure that the transcript will be accepted as official by any third party and that the recipient will accept an electronic version of their transcript. 

PDF Transcripts are available for download for 30 days once the order has been processed. It is the responsibility of the requestor to save the PDF file before the download period expires. If the download period has expired, a new PDF transcript must be requested.

Pre-1988 Coursework:

Please note that if you completed ANY coursework at the Colorado School of Mines prior to Fall 1988, you may order a PDF transcript. Please select Pre-1988 Official Transcript through the Online Transcript Ordering System.



Important Notes

  • First Semester students should NOT order PDF transcripts until after they have received grades at the end of their first term.
  • If you need to update your account login information, please email registrar@mines.edu.
Order Types and Processing Times

Order Types

  • Electronic certified Adobe PDF transcript (fastest and cheapest)
  • USPS First Class – Paper Transcript
  • FedEx Express US services – Paper Transcript
  • FedEx Express International services – Paper Transcript
  • Pickup – Paper Transcript

Processing Time

  • 24-48 hours after order except during peak periods of the year.
  • Transcripts ordered at the end of each term will be processed two business days after final grades are posted.
Transcript Costs
  • Electronic Transcripts – $10
  • Paper Transcripts – $15, plus shipping
  • Notarized Paper Transcripts – $20
  • Paper Transcripts (pick-up) – $20
Unofficial Transcript Information

Current students can access and print their unofficial transcript using Trailhead (Login and password required for Trailhead access).

  1. Log into Trailhead.
  2. Click Self-Service.
  3. Click Student tab.
  4. Click Student Records.
  5. Click Academic Transcript. (Note: This is not an official transcript)

Unofficial transcripts are not available for former students or alumni. Current students may print out this unofficial transcript on any printer.

How to Check the Status of an Order

When you use the Online Transcript Ordering System to order your official transcripts, you will receive an e-mail confirmation with the initial status of your order.

To check the current status of an order:

  1. Log into the Online Transcript Ordering System.
  2. Select “My Account” on the top navigation bar.
  3. All orders (including previous orders) are listed, including the order status.
  4. Select the “View” button next to your order for more details, including the status of payment and FedEx tracking number.
Authenticity of Paper & Electronic PDF Transcripts

The Registrar’s Office is dedicated to the privacy of our students and alumni and provides state-of-the-art authenticity and security of its documents both in paper and electronically delivered transcripts. If you are concerned with the authenticity of your transcript, please contact the Registrar’s Office immediately.

More Information

Official Teacher Enhancement Transcript Information


Transcripts for classes completed through the Office of Special Programs or Teacher Enhancement/Certification Courses must be requested through the Teacher Enhancement Program website. These are NOT processed by the Registrar’s Office.

Contact Us

Registrar's Office
Student Center, Suite E280
1200 16th Street
Golden, CO 80401

Registration or student record questions 
FAX: 303-384-2253

Residency petition & COF questions

Transfer credit questions

Military and VA Benefit related questions

Graduation questions