Transfer Credit Approvals

Graduate Students

Please contact the Registrar’s Office for more information regarding transfer credit approvals for credit taken at other schools.

Undergraduate Students

Credit from other institutions may be transferred to a degree program at the Colorado School of Mines.

If you have attended/will be attending any of the following schools, please reference the Articulation Agreements for a list of pre-approved classes. 

  • Arapahoe Community College
  • Community College of Aurora
  • Community College of Denver
  • Front Range Community College
  • Pikes Peak Community College
  • Red Rocks Community College

If you have attended/will be attending any school within the Colorado Community College System (CCCS) please reference the following documents for a list of courses that will transfer in:

All other courses that do not meet the above requirements require a Transfer Credit Prior Approval form. 

Are you interested in taking a core requirement or HASS mid-level elective at a school in the Colorado Community College System (CCCS)*?  Check below for lists of course options.  It is your responsibility to make sure the course is outstanding on your degree evaluation and that you have not failed it twice at Colorado School of Mines.  If you meet both of those requirements you may take the course(s). 

  • CCCS Core Requirements list of equivalencies
  • CCCS HASS Mid-Level Elective list of options

For all other courses you need to submit a Domestic Transfer Credit Prior/Post Approval form.

  • Approval is required for the following:
    • All course(s) taken at an institution that are not part of the CCCS
    • Non-core requirement and non-HASS mid-level elective course(s) taken at a CCCS school
  • The form must be completed and returned to the Registrar’s Office

All courses taken elsewhere must be completed with a grade of “C” or better in order to receive transfer credit.  Please be aware that if a course does not apply to your current degree program, the course will not transfer.  Credit for transfer courses will display on your Colorado School of Mines transcript.  The grades obtained for transferred courses do not count towards your Colorado School of Mines GPA.

An official transcript issued by the institution with a grade for the course(s) must be submitted directly to the Registrar’s Office at Colorado School of Mines in order for credit to be posted to the student’s record. 

* click here for a list of schools that are part of the CCCS


Registrar's Office
Student Center E280
1200 16th Street
Golden, CO 80401

FAX: 303-384-2253

Mon-Fri, 8 am-5 pm

 Follow us on Twitter