Housing and Dining Scholarship
Please review the application procedures to complete the application in its entirety, and fill out the questionnaire at the link below, by the deadline for the term you are applying for.
Please open the application by clicking the button below. Please reach out to Mary Elliott, Director of Housing and Residence Life if you have any questions.
Housing and Dining Scholarship Application Procedures – updated October, 2020
- Qualified applicants are current Mines graduate or undergraduate students who live on-campus currently, or who apply to live on-campus in the upcoming term.
- Students living off-campus may qualify for a meal plan stipend but not housing funds. Off-campus students who need financial assistance for housing may seek other funds from the Office of Financial Aid or, in an emergency situation the Student Emergency Fund.
- Scholarship funds are intended to cover a portion of the student’s Mines housing or meal plan expenses and will be applied to the student account directly.
- Award amounts will not exceed $2000 per semester.
- Applications are due on the following dates for a scholarship to be granted for the upcoming term:
- April 1: Summer term
- July 1: Fall Semester
- December 1: Spring Semester
- Applications should include a personal statement from the student to explain their need and requested housing or meal plan assistance amount, as well as a personal budget showing all income and expenses on a monthly or semesterly basis. Information about a student’s current employment, or an action plan to gain on- or off-campus employment is requested.
- Applications will be reviewed by Housing and Dining personnel as well as other Student Life Administrators.
- Students may apply for scholarship for one term at a time, but may request funding for two terms in their application.
Scholarship Deadlines by Term
- Scholarship for Fall term: July 1
- Scholarship for Spring term: December 1
- Scholarship for Summer term: April 1
Decisions will be made prior to the start of the academic session for which you are applying.