Moving to Campus
We are so excited to welcome you to our campus community!
Please check your mines.edu email address for important information regarding move-in. We will be sending you information very soon.*
FALL 2018 RESIDENCE HALL
MOVE-IN DATES & INFORMATION
August 14th, 10 am – 2 pm: Theme Learning Community members and International Students ONLY
August 16th, 8 am – 4 pm: All First-Year Students
Fall Athletes: Your coaches will be communicating your move-in day and times to you
Before you get to Mines
- Label everything (bags/boxes/large itemes/etc.) with your Name, Building Name and Room Number clearly written in large, black marker. For example: Mines Student, Morgan 313. This is really important to help us get your items to your room!!!
- Make sure the people accompanying you on Move-In day know your building and room number so they can find you!
- Communicate with your roommates! What are you each bringing? How will you share? How will you handle guests? Sleep schedules? The rules?
You will check in at your Residence Hall.
- Go directly to your hall and park briefly in an unloading zone
- You, the Mines student, will head towards your check-in area to pick up your keys and many other important items
- The people accompanying you (or at least one person) will stay with the vehicle until it is unloaded, then they will take it to park it in long term parking. Maps and way-finding will be emailed out soon, or you can check back here to find more information. No vehicles can be left unattended!!!
- Several Mines student volunteers will help you move your belongings into your new room, but they won’t know where to go unless you’ve labeled everything really well!
* More information will be coming via email regarding housing, move-in and other important details.